Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Multiplayer? Is there an interest?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2018 05:28 Edited at: 9th Apr 2018 05:29
Hi all,
For those who don't know me I have worked on a few mods (Lemur which has been put in several mods, official FPSC releases and custom engines for people who wanted specific features) over the last decade and kind of dropped off as I entered college and then got a job etc. I've been gone for quite awhile and have recently returned and have been modding FPSC. I have multiplayer working. Yes - you read that right - through the internet and without hamachi or any extra tools.

So before I pour a lot more work into it, I'm trying to gauge the demand (I work full time as a software developer so any work on the mod is in my free time).

I am running my own game list server identical to the old FPSC server and have fixed many of the issues of the previous multiplayer. I would love nothing more than to see a revival of the "FPSC multiplayer game" era of years past. Yes, you still need to port forward 2303 on TCP and UDP if you want to host a game - but nothing else is required to play with your friends.

I guess my question is, is multiplayer wanted? To be perfectly clear, in order to release and continue to support any questions etc, I may have to ask for donations or sell my mod cheaply as a game as releasing it (there is an external DLL for functionality I coded, not just modify the engine) due to financial reasons as well as cover the game list server costs (monthly hosting and domain name purchase). I understand most people will be turned off by that but imagine a modeler making a model pack, working hours and hours and giving it away for free. Not everyone can justify doing that.

I want to see you making multiplayer games and playing them. I may involve some of the community (there have already been numerous tests) as well as do ongoing polling for features and additions. Merging into Black Ice Mod has also been an idea I like.

The best place to catch me and get involved is hopping on the FPSC Discord server run by Mrigaya. https://discordapp.com/channels/345779647335628800/345779647335628803

I'm very happy about this and it is good to be back
And the mod? I call it "Lemur Ultra".
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 9th Apr 2018 11:04
lemur is a very old mod, isnt it? Yes Im intrested, but it will take Me 3-4 Years to make My SP Game ready, and then I want to release Multiplayer as well! Thanks for Your good and impressive work. My Version is 1.20 beta18, I hope it will work with that!?

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
No this is a brand new mod it is compatible with 1.20 as it is the latest source...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 13:21
I would love to see multiplayer in FPSC. Hope you keep working on it!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2018 23:26
@Urlforce Studios

This is awesome news as multiplayer is sorely missing from FPSC at the moment.

As we discussed over email, I look forward to working with you on integrating Lemur Ultra with Black Ice Mod and the FPSC Development Kit.

Now there is finally a working multiplayer again we need to ensure it stays that way. Great work.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2018 10:20
Urlforce Studios
That's awesome, would love to see a comeback of the multiplayer. This is very good new indeed
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey UFS!

Looking forward to seeing this development!
// EOF
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2018 07:45 Edited at: 15th Apr 2018 07:49
Dropping a few screenshots to show this is really happening
Screenshot 1:
Multiplayer headshots are now implemented, are an instant kill and will be kept in statistics.

Screenshot 2:
Character selection menu is now the actual character animated and scrolled through with arrow keys (up and down, enter to select).

Tons of other fixes/rewrites have also been done.

Website has been set up (splash page) and backend gamehost server scripts and database have been deployed. The URL (future site right now is splash page with active backend for game hosting) is http://joinable.games

That's all I'm revealing for now, but thank you for all your interest... Multiplayer is BACK!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline

Urlforce Studios its been a long time since we worked on lemur and you did great work on that and this will be great to see multiplayer back into fpsc.

I noticed you been talking to normad soul about putting it in black ice mod and that be great if we can add this to the mod.

Best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2018 19:47 Edited at: 15th Apr 2018 19:58
Fantastic news. Great to have another mod in progress on the forums and even better having multiplayer back.

Thanks for sharing this with the community and looking forward to it.

@s4real - Hey! good to see you back on the forums mate.
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
We would love to see multiplayer back to FPS Creator!
Medal Of Honor
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2018 02:31
Functioning multiplayer in FPSC would be a dream come true for me! I have so many designs and projects I've never been able to implement - please continue your work on this.

Do you have a donation button? If not, you should. I would gladly donate what I can spare every couple weeks to help make this project a reality.
Deine Mutter
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yes, I always loved creating maps and trying them out with friends! Please, do not stop development!
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2018 04:20 Edited at: 28th May 2018 08:18
LemurUltra Lite is now available. Please visit https://www.patreon.com/posts/19070796 for more information.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe start a new thread for your mod URLforce so people can see its released.

well done on your release best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Someone should pin the thread to the top of the page.
Medal of Honor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 11:26:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 11:26:44