Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Raspberry Pi / Problem with Pi version 2018.04.12 ?

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2018 20:24
Could someone who uses the latest Pi version of AppGameKit confirm the errors I am seeing on my Pi3 please.

I am having an issue with the AppGameKit Pi version 2018.04.12, the scan code for KEY_SPACE (space bar) is returning code 65 and not 32.
KEY_A is returning 65 correctly.
GetRawLastKey() and GetRawKeyPressed() are both showing this error.

Also the GEANY editor has a problem with the menu driven Cut, Copy, Paste functions not working from the top menu bar and also mouse right click, however the Ctrl X,C and V keyboard versions are working.
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 14:49
Tested on RPi 2, GetRawLastKey() reports 65 for both A and space bar, and GetRawKeyPressed(65) becomes true for both A and space bar. However, cut, copy and paste works fine for me from the EDIT pulldown menu.
13/0
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2018 20:02
@Paul

Thank you Cybermind for confirming that there is a bug with the space bar key code in the AppGameKit pi version.
I did a forum Search and I believe that problem might be a missing key code lookup in Core.cpp (I am not sure though).

Please take a look Paul, it would be good not to have to avoid using the space bar in programmes.
john77
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I was having the same problem as you have mentioned. You can go to https://netgears.support/netgear-technical-support/ for help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:21:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:21:24