Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS creator Problem, Can only play 5 maps at the time!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2018 11:44
Hello everyone, I have a serious issue. I'm usually not the one making threads or anything but my FPSC project is pretty large. It's something that I want to publish on steam around the end of the year.
However,

I've made 11 maps in total now, 19 are planned. But I can't seem to test the definite build past map 4!
Map 5 always crashes, doesnt matter what map it is.. it just shows ''FPS creator not working anymore''.
The irritating thing is that ive tried everything, Setup.ini, Reinstal, restart, making the map very small. EVERYTHING!

Its so horrible because i've been working on this project for a very long time and now i basicly only have 4 maps to go with. which means I have to make these maps extremely large, which means that it wont load anyway.
Does anyone have a idea on how to solve this?
gamehazer
Years of Service
User Offline
I tested this and was wondering why myself.

I created 6 room levels all the same , just one room with a win zone in each.

I then built the game and it loads all level with no problem even to the win.

So Im guessing the problem your having is in your menu set up or something else other then just the level its self.

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2018 23:44
try this thread.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/170920
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2018 11:34
@ MT_MAJOR Try seppgirty's link and see if it helps any? But I was wondering, which version of fpsc are you using.
I tried a quick build of 7 simple levels and had no problems at all. I'm using BlackIce V10.5
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Kitakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I was about to make a new thread but then I saw this one, so hopefully someone can help me

I am experiencing a similar issue every time my game gets to level 7 loading screen it will crash. The only exception is if the level is unbelievably small.
Once the game crashes at level 7 if I load back to my last save point it will load level 7 and after that it seems it wont crash again but sometimes it will crash at level 8 loading screen, then it may or may not crash at level 9 and so on.

I am using the newest version of Black Ice Mod.
It does not matter what actual level I choose for level 7 only that if its bigger than 1.5gb memory it will crash.

I spent a lot of time on my levels and have all custom sound effects and music, etc. But at this point.. i'm thinking of restarting using game guru which I would really not like to do.
I have tried just about everything and I am about ready to give up
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2018 11:15
I had this before and had to remove levels from my game.

FPSCreator has a memory cap and unfortunately it does not properly flush the ram once a level ends and another one is loaded. At some point the RAM is simply "full" and the game can not proceed.
You can sometimes load more levels if you save in level 4 (if the save feature decides to work) and then get in a few more levels further. But you will have to restart the game before doing so (usually anyway)

Its the primary reason that drove me away from FPSC all these years ago. Its fundamentaly broken in this regard.
This issue is barely solvable. I highly doubt anyone would ever see all 19 levels of your game.

-Wolf
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2018 13:45
Make your whole game episodic (ie separate builds) to deal with this problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:26:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:26:02