Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Entity opening door.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2018 05:59
Hello. I am having trouble (as always when it comes to scripting) with the "dooruse" script.

What I am trying to achieve with the "dooruse" script is to add ":state=1,anywithin=75:state=0" to the script so an entity can open the door when it gets near it.
I feel like its an issue with the states but what do you guys think?

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2018 12:41
frenchpapa
Quote: "so an entity can open the door when it gets near it"

So I'm guessing the entities ( characters) are either chasing the player or following waypoints, correct?
Here is a working script that should do the job for you...

Change the "anywithin=x" distance to meet your needs. Attach this to any stock door.....or any door
with it's animation to open door at anim0 =x in the .fpe file.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
frenchpapa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2018 00:22
I still want to be able to open the door by interacting with it, from what I can remember that is the "autodoor" script. I'll attach a video from Phobia 1.5 to show what i'm trying to do. Do you think that this can be done with a trigger zone? Like a certain entity steps into the zone and it activates the door?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2018 02:46
frenchpapa Yes, easy to do. By chance are you using Black Ice mod? If so there is a command to make this easy.
"entitywithin=x y" X is the name of the entity, Y is the distance within. Works like a charm
I stuck it into the "door_autoclose.fpi" script and it works great. I used an unarmed character and waypoints to follow.
I could go thru the door, then the character would also open door. Just add the name of the entity where noted.

If your not using Black Ice, then using the "triggerzone" method would work best.

frenchpapa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2018 23:49
Thanks for your help! But now I can't even test out a level, this happens. It just happened today out of nowhere.

Attachments

frenchpapa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2018 23:51 Edited at: 4th Jun 2018 05:45
This is really annoying. I think that I fixed the error then another error appears.

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2018 11:10
frenchpapa Those are simply items "missing" when doing a test/build. Did you make/use a lot of custom items?
Sometimes it's "stock" items that have been moved/deleted by accident. If you cant track it down then a re-install
is due. You can try one thing first, in the "setup.ini" under "debug" turn on "produce log files" when doing a test.
The file may point to the missing item?
frenchpapa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2018 00:14
Yeah the reinstall did it for me. I was looking through my entitybank folder and I for some reason I found my gamecore folder in there, strange. Thanks for the help on both of my issues!
frenchpapa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2018 08:48
Ncmako, i'm having problems with the script, it works fine on small maps, but on big maps with lots of waypoints it doesn't open doors. I'll attach a video. Sorry about the poor quality, don't know what that is about.

Attachments

2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 10th Jun 2018 22:15
Just out of curiosity, Is it a problem with your waypoints? The enemy seems to be glitching out a lot as if it cannot find the correct waypoint. When you end the video there is a split second that I can see the enemy fix and chase you. Do the doors open when he is close to doors while chasing you?
As always, Game on! -2S!K Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:54:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:54:39