Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Looking for the STYX Plugin (or General Error Handling)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2018 07:28
I don't see it on the GitHub page. I understand that STYX has some sort of error trapping capability. It would be nice to stop my object placement app from crashing if an improperly formatted object fails to load. Was it left off GitHub because TGC didn't create that one?

I know M1U can call a function but doesn't prevent the crash, which is probably the second best option.
Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2018 11:52
https://anyhowengine.wordpress.com/useful-links/
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2018 18:18
Derek Darkly wrote: "I know M1U can call a function but doesn't prevent the crash, which is probably the second best option."

If you wanted to do things in a convoluted manner you could have your program launch a program that test loads the object and sends back whether the object loaded successfully using shared memory. So if that loader program crashed it would be segregated from the main program.
If Styx doesn't work out perhaps.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2018 01:38

Wow! Thanks for the timely responses, homies!
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2018 01:45
To appease the code gods who preside over us (I mean above Lee) , here is an object placement/rotator/resizer cursor snippet for the newer programmers here. Easily implemented into any code. (May need tweaking or put into functions instead of subs) Hey, I try.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 17:28:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 17:28:10