Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Query about source files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
In the projects panel, in the files tab. I noticed underneath the name of your source file the words "Included source files". Does that mean if your main source file becomes too big you can use a command to jump to another source file? My program even in it's early stages uses almost 2000 lines, I'm worried that it might become too large for one source file to hold all the commands.
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 01:00
Yes, typically, you could put functions in the included files and call them from your main program. I have no idea if it works with gosub and I flinch even at the thought of it.
--
TAZ
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 03:51
You can put anything that you want in an included file - except that you need to be rather careful with arrays. Anything else is fair game

For free Plug-ins, source and the DBPro Interface library for Visual C++ 6 and .NET
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
Brandon Smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 06:36
Haha,
I think Zircher is right. You can't call gosubs that were defined in another source file. I hadn't realized that before, that must have been my problem...

Brandon
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 13:02
That's true for DBC, but not for DBPro

For free Plug-ins, source and the DBPro Interface library for Visual C++ 6 and .NET
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk
SonicX
Years of Service
User Offline
How would I get the program to go to a label in another source file? Do I just use a GOTO command and include the second source file in the files tab in the projects panel?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 14:45:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 14:45:02