Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / turn based games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is it possible to make a turn based stratagy game like birth of the fedaration useing this software, i want to make a game which is similer to it, but more trek like, if not would anyone know of a programme which would work for this
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2003 23:26
You can make pretty much any type of game in Dark Basic.

A turn based game would be entirely possible but I suggest you start with an arcade game, like Pong.

zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 00:40 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2003 00:40
Turn based games are fairly easy to do in DB. What works for me is to design the game as a pen and paper game and then translate it to a computer program. The most difficult part is if you decide to add a computer opponent.

Some good learning programs to write before starting on a large project include tic-tac-toe, checkers, mastermind, etc.

The reason that we suggest starting with a smaller game first is that it gives you time to get familiar with the language and improve the way you code and design data structures. Learning how to use arrays and user defined types (UDTs) can really save your sanity on a larger project.
--
TAZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 14:53:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 14:53:35