Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [SOLVED] Lighting Issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Everyone

Using V1.20 with Black Ice mode 17A.
Having issue with my Dynamic lights where they only seem to appear when in a certain range of the light. If i move backwards and forwards on the outer range of the dynamic light it goes on and off completely. I was hoping to have lights linked to a switch but as they are not staying permanently on in dynamic mode I can't.

Does anyone have any IDea why I am experiencing this bug in my build.

Thank you for your time

The Bloodied War Gamer

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2018 18:49
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hi Wolfcry
Quote: "my Dynamic lights where they only seem to appear when in a certain range of the light"

You probably have several close together in the same room/area, correct ?
Dynamic lights have always been a problem for DX9. I think the limit on dynamic lights for dx9 was 6 ??? maybe 8. I'm not %100 sure.
Anyway, try using only static lights and where you really need dynamic ones limit it to only one or two in one area. Try not to "overlap" their light distance.
You can get several dynamic lights to stay on ( good testing is needed here ) by using a "switch" with the "lightoff.fpi script attached to the light marker.
Remember to name all the lights your activating with a switch with the same name. The Official Comm. Guide in your doc's folder is a great place to look for answer to question like this
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Wolfcry
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Mcmako

[quote=You probably have several close together in the same room/area, correct ?
Dynamic lights have always been a problem for DX9. I think the limit on dynamic lights for dx9 was 6 ??? maybe 8. I'm not %100 sure.
Anyway, try using only static lights and where you really need dynamic ones limit it to only one or two in one area. Try not to "overlap" their light distance.
You can get several dynamic lights to stay on ( good testing is needed here ) by using a "switch" with the "lightoff.fpi script attached to the light marker.
Remember to name all the lights your activating with a switch with the same name. The Official Comm. Guide in your doc's folder is a great place to look for answer to question like this ]

Yeah thats correct. I have no natural light in the game as the ambience is at 0. The game is quite dimly lit for ambiance where i use wall lamps instead of full room lights. I wanted the lamps to turn on via one switch. Is it mainly if the light markers overlap that this issue will arise? Some rooms are small and I could remove a light but in hallways etc I don't want tthe light to overexpose the opposite wall with brightness.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:32:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:32:24