Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can't get nonchardecal to work?

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2018 02:35
They are assigned in the gunspec for EAI's magic spell kit. I am using Blackice mod. Maybe it doesn't work with that mod? Seems like it should and I need to do more than just having the chardecal a nonchardecal assigned a decal.
THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 15th Sep 2018 20:58
Flatlander So nice to see you again I did find this old posting on just this subject...https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/151097
Halfway down Errant posts all the gunspec details. Apparently the weapons were made with Ply's mod in mind, but I thought all the
commands were all incorporated into fpsc long ago ? Now the regular decal commands do still work just fine....
The smoke, smokedecal, muzzleflash & brass, and one or two others still work fine.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 02:16
I don't think FPSC v1.20 has the overriding decals, nonchardecal/chardecal within the source code. I have looked at several separate v1.20 files and none of them has the overriding decals. I know that Project-Blue Mod has them. My mod has them, but it appears that BlackIce Mod does not. That's a shame as it was really cool when you used the fire spell it would set the non character and character objects on fire. If I had the Blackice Mod source code then I could at least see if there in there and why it isn't working.
THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 16th Sep 2018 16:15
@ Flatlander I did some testing and found out they do still work. EAI's magic spell kit has some misspelled decal folders. Easy fix.
Now the "nonchardecal/chardecal" don't work, but the old command "smokedecal=x" to override the smoke=1/2 does.
Also for characters, the damage & blood decals can still be switched in their .fpe file.

You can also still add the command "bloodspurt=x" to any decal you want for a characters damage command.

And don't forget the "bloodsplash=x" command.

Here's a quick video I did switching decals for the weapon smoke, flak and the characters.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 04:10 Edited at: 17th Sep 2018 04:36
Thanks ncmako for taking the time to test those decals out. However, those are not the decals I'm speaking. The ones I am talking about are found in the gunspec.txt file as follows:

;GUN Settings

MUZZLECOLORR = 255
MUZZLECOLORG = 129
MUZZLECOLORB = 17
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
smokedecal = spellfire1 - not talking about this one
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following is what I'm talking about.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chardecal = spellfire1
nonchardecal = spellfire1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are override decals. When set, if the gun hits a non-character object then that decal will display. If the gun hits a character (npc) then instead of the default decal it will be the one assigned in the gun spec.

I'll be posting a video created initially by EAI that shows what I'm talking about and you can see how awesome this is. It was first done by Plystire's mod and then incorporated into Project Blue and RPGmod.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 04:39 Edited at: 17th Sep 2018 04:42
Here's the video

As I am thinking, it was not incorporated into BlackiceMod. Unless I'm missing something like a setting to activate the overriding decals or some other command in a script.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 17th Sep 2018 23:14
Flatlander No, your not missing anything. I do not recall it ever being a command in fpsc ( the chardecal & nonchardecal )
I do know that Errant sometimes uses commands I've never seen before in some of his weapons specs.
I just figured it was there as a place holder until the command was actually put in ???
But I do see the video shows them being used in Ply's mod. The only work around I can think of
is setting the damage & hurt decal you want to use in the characters .fpe file when they receive damage.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:18:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:18:15