Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Two Quick Questians: Multi-player off-line and Character Interaction?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello; I just downloaded FPSC Classic, looks very good, lots to learn yet, especially on created my own characters. I do have a couple of questions tho...

1) I created a 2D maze game for 2 to 4 players using GameMaker; and wandering if there was a way to create a multi-player off-line side-by-side 3D game, that is split-screen?

2) Can I create intractable characters, so that they talk to my character, ether with real talking (through the speakers) or by talk-bubbles?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2018 10:53
Faithbuilders Hello and welcome
#1 No, unfortunately a split-screen for the multiplayer was never developed.
#2 Yes, you can make custom scripts to have conversations with characters by text being displayed ( yes, you can make talk-bubbles using images that appear)
Here's a link to one set of scripts to get the idea...https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/65207
Quote: " real talking (through the speakers) "
If you mean pre-recorded voice ( like .wav files) and use that instead of text, then yes, that is done all the time.
Use the search feature at top and you'll find a lot of info on these subjects.
best,
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
dothoviet
Years of Service
User Offline
Tôi làm mãi mà không thực hiện được.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:22:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:22:12