Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Nomad mod's gas lamp problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, i'm building a dark level and i want to add some "gas lamps" from nomad mod. They are classic ww2 gas lamps modified with shaders and a specific script (attachlighttoentity.fpi).
If i put 8/9 lamps around a house (not so big) they don't work all the time but they stop making light if i move away from them (like 5 meters). They work only if i'm very close or if i pick up them.
I tried to make them "always active" and it work but only on a single casual lamp, the others don't work at all, also if i pick up them.

I'm using FPSC x9 1.20 with black ice mod.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2018 11:03
Carloquiga Yes, the problem your having is a known issue with Fpsc and dynamic lights. I have been able to use
maybe two dynamic light markers and one or two more of the mod's "attachlighttoentity" at once, but that's it.
DX9 does have a limit for dynamic lights, about 6 or 8 I think? You can use more than that, just not all at once.
The solution is to work with Static lights and only use the Dynamic where needed.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Carloquiga
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the answer, i'll use few dynamic light and i'll make the others static!
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2018 19:22
Black Ice Mod only supports 1 moving dynamic light at a time, so only the closest light will render. However it can have 4 unmoving dynamic lights of you need them
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 12:49:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 12:49:42