Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The state of PC games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 12:13
Whilst some pretty good games have come out this year (BS3 amongst a few others), is it my imagination or has the number of releases decreased, whilst the number of console releases have gone up ? In addition, the number of mediocre and downright awful games have increased.

I can see a point where all game development for the PC is stopped (they would say to 'piracy', but actually due to the fact that you can get more money out of people by selling console games), and the PC reverts back to what originally it was designed for when the 8088 originally came out - business work...

The place for all great plug-ins
Chris K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 12:46
The thing is, all games are still made on PCs so there is nearly always a PC version, even if it comes out on consoles as well. I would say that developers would prefer to make games for PC, but I know what your saying, the Top 10 is almost entirely Sims Add-Ons at the moment.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 13:19
Quote: "all games are still made on PCs so there is nearly always a PC version"

Not exactly true - there a loads of console games that dont make it to the PC unfortunately. Should be a law against that really...

The place for all great plug-ins
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 14:57
Quote: "The thing is, all games are still made on PCs so there is nearly always a PC version"

arent alot made on DEV kits? That is'nt exactly FULLY on pc...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:43:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:43:10