Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / List of Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 13:29
I have been wanting to learn this for a really long time I am out of school so now I have time to learn. I would like to thank everyone for answering my questions last time. Currently these are the questions on my mind.

1.I would really like to create a RPG in the future but I realize I have to start off small, but I would like to see an example of one. ( And also what is everything that you have to program for, I mean, gravity, collision, A.I., etc and in what order ?)

2.I didn't exactly understand how to load a cartography shop level/map into darkBASIC, and would i have to stick the map in my game file in the myproj file in darkBASIC first.( Do you just put every file that you want to use in the myproj folder?)

3.I am trying to learn animation for my models and I realize that you have to have a different animation for walking, shooting, jumping etc. If anyone has a example of different animations in use that I could see would be great.

thanks. -future programmer

I am a machine I will never stop until I acomplish my goal, unless I run out of chocolate milk.
Rennekon
Years of Service
User Offline
1. I'd like to know this too. And if your thinking of making an RPG I'd love to help if you want it.

2. You should probably ask this in the support forum for Cart shop.

3. Go to the most recent newsletter. You can get free models there as a present from the TGC. They have the animations in the files.

John "Dark Lord of Angel Destroying Destiny" Pringlebee, maybe?
SerphE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 13:49
Yeah,Rennekon, help is always great to have, but i think i will have to complete all of the darkbasic tutorials first.Do you have any experience programming? I'm trying to make a 3rd person action game that primarily focuses on martial arts and gunplay. I have ideas about new ways for action games.

I am a machine I will never stop until I acomplish my goal, unless I run out of chocolate milk.
Chaos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2003 13:52
It is possible to make and RPG in darkbasic but its takes months of hardwork and planning before coding even starts. Mojo magic have realeased source code to the battle system from Equilibrium and RPGamer and Kentaree are both produceing tutorials for making basic RPGs. If you new then i wouldnt suggest even thinking about making an rpg start on something small like space invaders to get the basics down first.

Chaos

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 14:48:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 14:48:54