Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / A little problem here

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So hi.
I'm new to the forums and I also just started using AppGameKit (downloaded it a few days back), so bear with me if my questions seem newbie-ish or dumb.

Well, ever since I downloaded the app I've been experiencing a little issue.
What happens is that whenever I try to import a photo from my device storage (I use a Motorola G5s plus), it asks me to name the file, but once it's been imported, all that appears is an image with a red "X" instead of the image that should have been imported.
This seems to be happening with transparent as well as normal images, and with all formats.
I'm not sure if this is a problem with my device or just the app in general, and since I'm not able to fix it, I can't progress at all in the game I'm trying to make.
Any solutions?
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2018 18:44
imported from where to where? unless i'm missing something you don't use AppGameKit to import files.
the red X while running your game is a standard image to prevent AppGameKit from crashing in case of error - this could be image file name miss-match - you need to be sure your AppGameKit codes calls exactly the same name (case sensitive) as the file in question (including the file type) - i.e. image1.png not Image1.png or image1.PNG - or it could be a missing file entirely.

if that doesn't help i think you'll need to explain what you are doing a bit more clearly, i don't see any reason you would need to import any files from/to your phone except the .apk file unless you're talking about ShowChooseImageScreen()?
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
Pokehgs
Years of Service
User Offline
Import as in attach or download (or whatever, not sure of the technical term but import is what the app says) from my phone to the app.
So when you open the app, and open a project, on the top of the screen there's this "Media" option from which you can select the "Import" button to add photos from your device to your project.

What happens is that every time I try adding (or importing, as the app says) a photo, all that shows up is a red X with a black and white square background instead of the image that should be there (I've attached a pic here), even if the file format is valid.
Idk how to fix it. None of my pictures show up when I create them as sprites.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2018 18:11
oh so this is agk mobile you're trying to develop on? ok that makes a bit more sense, hadn't used it since the beta so forgot it was a thing
just tested it out and can confirm the media doesn't appear to import correctly.
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 6th Nov 2018 00:00
When you import a project it should import the media and its folder at the same time

Otherwise just use a filemanager and copy the "media" folder and all of its contents to your project directory
but keep in mind the "media" folder has to be all lowercase and anyfiles you use are case sensitive in Android
but in windows it doesnt matter.

When you plug your phone into a pc you should be able to see the complete directory stucture so navigating
with windows explorer may be the easiest way to do this.

Hope that helps !!! GOODLUCK
fubar
Labradorian1975
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same problem. I'm trying to use an android Samsung tab s2 and appgamekit mobile and samething whenever I import an image to my project I just get a red x.
DGangrel
Years of Service
User Offline
By default, the app doesn't have memory access permission, so U need enable it manually in settings.
At least for Me, it worked, hope will help U too)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:17:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:17:01