Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / What do you think caused X10's flop and discontinuation?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2018 13:06
I'm working on a YouTube video about what happened to X10 and what caused it's discontinuation and I want to see what the TGC forum has to say about the topic. So what's your opinion on the topic?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2018 00:04
Quote: "So what's your opinion on the topic?"

X10 was mainly made for Vista I believe, and users had a lot of problems at the time.
I believe they should have kept it going in the "background" with small advances to keep up with the times.
It is a great piece of software. fps-classic has more bells & whistles but that could have been ported into
X10 I think ? I found a copy on ebay and have never had a problem with it once. Runs great on win7.
I put it on my older machine with a quad amd @2.9ghz 4gigs ram and a old gt260. Runs smooth with
over 200fps all the time I don't see the problem, it's great !
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Dec 2018 20:04 Edited at: 20th Dec 2018 20:08
The problem is the same thing that happened with Classic, and Reloaded, and will happen again with Guru. They get... put on the back shelf to make room for the next shiny thing. (my opinion)
Lucky for us we have some great indie developers who work on things like Black Ice Mod (Amazing little mod it is!) and keep us going when the others quit.
<Black Ice Mod Plug>It's what makes FPSC Classic actually usable!</Black Ice Mod Plug>
I don't think the X10 code was ever released, so we won't get any help with that.

Please post a link to the video when it's done.
blob1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2018 10:05 Edited at: 28th Dec 2018 10:06
I got myself a decent microphone so the video will have narration if I learn how to not mess up when narrating. The script for the video is half done. Thanks for the replies but I'm gonna wait for more but if no replies show up I'll just put your 2 opinions.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2019 22:45
X10 was indeed primarily focused on vista and a rather crude cosmetic upgrade to FPSC. It suffers from the same game breaking memory issues AFAIK and FPSCreator (the x9 version) eventually got all the features and more than X10 had, thus rendering it a dead product.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 8th Jan 2019 15:01 Edited at: 8th Jan 2019 15:02
" FPSCreator (the x9 version) eventually got all the features and more than X10 had, thus rendering it a dead product. "
what about the great ragdoll physics from x10? when will we get those, x9 ragdolls still fall like a 500 ton statue
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:25:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:25:50