Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Lonely nostalgic designer IN NEED OF SUPPORT GROUP (not sure where to post this, coding is lonely)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2018 06:23 Edited at: 27th Dec 2018 06:29
I've been cobbling together a sequel to my game (https://xarcolt.itch.io/rpg-thingy) for some time now; resolving all the mistakes and learning opportunities I've encountered. .. I've been working on this for over a couple years now and frankly, nobody cares anymore. There's a long road ahead and I just want to geek out about how to do this thing or that. Nowhere seems to be the place for that though.. maybe here? Please?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2019 00:23
I really think we've all felt this way at times.

Every programmer has their strengths and their weaknesses...
For example, I am a horrible graphic artist, but I have a decent imagination to make up for it.

Play to your strengths. Set daily goals! And go to sleep dreaming about new game possibilities. Make it unique!
And don't be so down on yourself. Get your serotonin levels up and relax, and then your ideas will flow!

Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2019 00:26

Also, creativity should not be forced or anxious...
It should come from a happy place, even if your game is violent... LoL. Funny, that.
Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone
Xarcolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2019 05:38 Edited at: 8th May 2019 05:38
Great news (ish) I'm getting better. Been trying to seek help and etc. Started a website and a blog! https://xarus.no-ip.org . Also I guess emails about forum replies never reach my email. Only discovered Derek's replies like literally today (Thanks btw! ) Now how to get DBP running correctly without dusty usb(s) ???
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2019 10:33
Well I made a post with a link to a current "Working" Stand Alone Build (doesn't need any keys) that you just unzip, link to where you unzipped and you're good-to-go; but I'd recommend getting it sooner rather than later; as I only have my Web Host until the end of July.
Not sure if / when I'll be able to keep it alive and I'm fairly sure the 60MB Size is a little too big for the Attachment System for the Forum.

If you want to geek out over a project, I'd say do it on here in a Thread.
You might not get daily feedback but such "Project Threads" do tend to result in people coming out of the woodwork to be more active.
Xarcolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2019 10:57 Edited at: 14th May 2019 10:58
Quote: "Well I made a post with a link to a current "Working" Stand Alone Build (doesn't need any keys) that you just unzip, link to where you unzipped and you're good-to-go; but I'd recommend getting it sooner rather than later; as I only have my Web Host until the end of July. "

I found it! Gonna fiddle with getting it working a while later. Found out how to basically relocate my archaic paid-install of dbp to my main rig and get it to function correctly! (save for the help files but i bookmarked them in my browser ) Soon as i get my next test-program complete I'll update my blog (figuring out if anyone reads it will be sometime later xD) Pretty happy though! it just seems to work. on my PRETTY modern computer (though anything past win10 v1803 crashes the OS on this board ;-; ) So.... now just to do that thing called keeping at it!
[link]https://xarcolt.itch.io/rpg-thingy[/link]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:01:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:01:56