Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / What's the Code tab for in the Media files panel?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 13:28
I'm at work so can't load it with a proper full project. What will appear in the Code tab in the Media files panel?

Also what does bookmark toggle do? I realise it adds a bookmark location in your code but I can't find a way to view bookmarks
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
JokerZ
AGK Silver Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 15:03
I get the feeling code tab may be for managing code snippets.

its not letting me drag it into the main.agc project file, but it does show .agc files with an icon, so it is recognized in the media folder
it is a tad weird as the preview window wants to copy it back into the media folder, vs say copying it to the project folder.

I am the Rocker, the Roller, the OutOfController
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 15:11 Edited at: 1st Mar 2019 15:13
Great thanks. Just created a test agc file in the media folder and can see it appear in the '<> Code' tab, but you're right there doesn't seem to be anything you can do with it. You can't copy and paste or even drag the file into your main script so it seems a bit pointless at the moment. Not really sure I'd find a code snippet panel like this useful anyway. And unsure why you'd keep it in your media folder.

Just noticed that double tapping the icon opens the script in a new tab at the top. But it opens it outside of the project
JokerZ
AGK Silver Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 15:24
I found a bug when tinkering around with this. if you verify it, feel free to post it to github as I don't currently have an account on there and don't feel like setting one up tonight.

Open a new (blank) source file and try to right click in the general text area and its ignored.

typing in the text area works, but still no right button function after typing a few chars/lines

if I hit ctrl V to paste in, right mouse button activates and can be used sometimes.
other times I need to highlight a line to get it to recognize the right mouse button.

can't seem to replicate this in main.agc only in new source files. (well I can if I delete all my lines of code)

interesting thing I just found, if i right mouse button click to the left of the line numbers. the right button context menu appears.

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 15:38
I can confirm all of those issues. I'll add it now. I may have to say I'm posting on behalf of you though as I've already added about 10 issues >.<

I had another issue with new source files. There being no simple way of adding the new file to the project.
JokerZ
AGK Silver Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 15:47 Edited at: 1st Mar 2019 15:51
Quote: "I had another issue with new source files. There being no simple way of adding the new file to the project."

it is a bit convoluted at the moment. add source file. save source file. right mouse button click project name. add source file to project.

btw I am sure GC appreciate all the bug hunters. as long as they are well documented and verified, it gives them a good task list to work from.

its always difficult with a new product, because I am never sure if its me, or the code I am testing (and I was a test manager for 20 years, so I always doubt myself first before the code)
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 15:53
Yeah that's the way I found. But that's a little more convoluted than geany where you could right click on the new file in geany and say add to project. I accepted it being in geany as that was a 3rd party editor they used for AppGameKit Classic but not sure why they're going the same route with their own in house built editor, and not just create a new file in the selected project or give you an option when creating a new file to add to the current project. It's mad requiring umpteen steps to get that file saved in to your project. I can see this is going to be one of those things that's going to jar me the most with Studio. None of my apps or projects live in one agc file only.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 11:01:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 11:01:47