Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Some minor bugs with the early purchase.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 14:42
Paypal checkout failed, don't know why. Used a credit card. The min-survey at the end gave no response upon submitting a comment.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 15:09
Quote: "
For me paypal payment without problems.
Have buyed AGKS and payed with paypal three mins ago.
"

Good deal. Must have been something specific with my account then.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 15:26
Quote: "The min-survey at the end gave no response upon submitting a comment"

Thanks for the report we have had this reported by others and are looking into the issue.

As for the PayPal issue I can see a number of successful orders but will try to find out why yours failed.
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA RTX 2060

JokerZ
AGK Silver Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 15:30
paypal worked 100% fine for me from Australia.
I used the method of deducting the funds from my bank account.
I am the Rocker, the Roller, the OutOfController
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 16:01
Just to add to the purchase issues. I purchased a download copy and a steam copy to gift to someone this morning and still waiting for the Steam code. I did send a message to support, but curious to see if anyone else did the Steam option and got their code already. I can see both purchases in my order history so not overly concerned but would like to send on the code to the recipient.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 16:24
@Kevin Cross

If you ordered a Steam version you won't get a Steam Key until June when we release. During the pre-order alpha there is no Steam version at all, only the version you download for the TGC product area in your account.

You will need to provide them with the with the downloads from your account if they wish to use before the release date.

There is a message in the account area above the download links that explains this.

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 16:31
Brilliant thanks. I did see the message about the steam codes not appearing if it the product isn't on Steam yet but it probably isn't made clear that the steam version isn't available until June. For me its fine as I'll give them a copy of the download version until then, but others that are buying steam only may be expecting early alpha release and may not have access to the download version like I did.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 16:34
Just seen your message in another post saying that those buying the steam version get access to a version in their account downloads until available on Steam so problem solved for those buying the Steam version only. Thanks for clarifying
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 16:36
Quote: "but others that are buying steam only may be expecting early alpha release and may not have access to the download version like I did."

Everyone gets the early access to the TGC download version regardless of if they buy a Steam Key or a Download version. Then in June the Steam versions will convert into keys upon release. So no worries everyone is getting the same right now.

GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 16:36 Edited at: 1st Mar 2019 16:46
I just ordered the Steam version since that is also where I purchased AppGameKit and various other things like the Big Graphics Pack or whatever it was called.
However,I also was given download links to the alpha so that is cool.

I'm still not exactly sure what this is or will be as far as change over AppGameKit classic but as I really like AppGameKit it's worth to support this new development no matter what.

Only thing was odd in the purchase experience is I used Paypal (as always) and instead of taking me straight to Paypal it had me enter my login credentials on TGC page first then took me to Paypal. I almost didn't order just because it seemed very odd to me wasn't sure if you guys were trying to collect that information or what was going on. HA HA! But anyway it all worked well except I did encounter the same issue with the Submit Feedback where the box and my comments just stayed on the page and nothing seemed to happen when I clicked to submit my comments.

Anyway always glad to support TGC. Looking forward to seeing how this new product turns out.

Is there some way to add all of these TGC items that I have purchased via Steam so they show up in my TGC account? Like in my TGC account it doesn't even know that I purchased AppGameKit itself and of course none of the DLC either.
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 20:12 Edited at: 1st Mar 2019 20:14
Quote: "Is there some way to add all of these TGC items that I have purchased via Steam so they show up in my TGC account? Like in my TGC account it doesn't even know that I purchased AppGameKit itself and of course none of the DLC either."

You can set it to always load / detect the Classic DLC folder in the Preferences - IDE area. Works for the Steam version too.

edit: Nevermind, you meant making it show up in your TGC account. Yeah, I know what you mean. It's a bit weird like that.
Yskonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2019 21:40
Paypal returned an error when trying to send the 2-factor auth code.
Kept on telling me something went wrong until I disabled the Privacy Badger plugin I ru on Mozilla Firefox, so its likely cookie related.
I have no problem with Paypals direct website, but the way its embedded into the webstore of TGC aparently can cause errors if you run privacy protection plugins.
Shouldn’t of course, but there you have it, a little feedback.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2019 14:28
Quote: "Is there some way to add all of these TGC items that I have purchased via Steam so they show up in my TGC account? Like in my TGC account it doesn't even know that I purchased AppGameKit itself and of course none of the DLC either."

+1

Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2019 15:29 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2019 15:31
Quote: "Only thing was odd in the purchase experience is I used Paypal (as always) and instead of taking me straight to Paypal it had me enter my login credentials on TGC page"

Wow, I have just looked at this and NO.

@TGC please take us to PayPal login page. I have no idea why you decided to embed PayPal login in to a TGC page but please change it, I am not going to purchase AGKS like this.
My card details have been stolen once, this is why I use PayPal ONLY and top-up cards if no PayPal available. I'm not taking any risks and I'm willing to login ONLY on the PayPal website. So please, take us to the PayPal login page.

Thanks.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2019 15:58 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2019 16:11
Quote: "I have no problem with Paypals direct website, but the way its embedded into the webstore of TGC aparently can cause errors if you run privacy protection plugins."

Unfortunately we cannot debug or support issues when using a third party plugin, the implementation we use is supported by PayPal so the issue is related to the plugin. For obvious reasons we are unable to check for issues with every single plugin provider. I will take a look and see if I can see anything obvious that is causing the issue.

EDIT: I have had a bit of a research and it appears Privacy Badger is well known for breaking things in the name of privacy so I am not surprised there are issues in this case.

Quote: "My card details have been stolen once, this is why I use PayPal ONLY and top-up cards if no PayPal available. I'm not taking any risks and I'm willing to login ONLY on the PayPal website. So please, take us to the PayPal login page."

I am not sure why you are concerend you know TGC are a reputable company its not as if you are ordering from someone you have never heard of. Seeing a payment providers login inside another website is not unusual by any means.

For the PayPal checkout you are on the PayPal website, it is secure and all details are transferred direct to PayPal. The checkout process is embedded in an iframe on the website you are ordering from, this is an implementation supported by PayPal themselves and is a valid checkout method used on many sites.

We have no immediate plans to change the implementation. If you are unsure on using PayPal there is also a card payment option powered by Stripe which is also secure and used across tens of thousands of websites worldwide.

Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2019 16:20 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2019 16:29
Quote: "I am not sure why you are concerend...this is an implementation supported by PayPal themselves "

Well, the first rule when it comes to protect your data online and make sure you don't land your data in to 3rd party hands is to check the URL and make sure it is a secured connection (https) with a valid certificate.
I have no idea why PayPal allow to embed login in to 3rd party pages since it is going against this very basic rule.

Quote: "you know TGC are a reputable company its not as if you are ordering from someone you have never heard of"

Of course I trust TGC, who I don't trust is the hackers who constantly trying to sneak in to my blog and embed malicious code while I don't process payments and my visitor count is like 1 person a week. So I have no idea what is it like when you are running a shop and processing payments. It is not that I question your ability in securing TGC servers and website, it is just that I don't trust anyone after my card details have been stolen once when I was using it somewhere else, not TGC....

Quote: "We have no immediate plans to change the implementation...there is also a card payment option powered by Stripe"

I am going to consider then to pickup a top-up card. I'm just really paranoid when it comes to online payments.

Thanks.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2019 16:38 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2019 16:40
I understand the concerns and the internet can be a dangerous place for making payments and it is always good to take precautions.

I just want to reassure yourself and anyone else that we take security seriously. Every connection to TGC is secured with HTTPS and we never touch any financial data, even if a hacker managed to get into our system they would find nothing of value.

Quote: "I have no idea why PayPal allow to embed login in 3rd party pages since it is going against this very basic rule."

From a technical stand point there is no risk to this method. PayPal have setup their site so browsers do not permit communication between iframes and the parent page. This keeps any data you input into that iframe totally secure even if a hacker gets into our site. PayPal provide this method as many companies like to keep the payment flow totally on their own website.

Interestingly this method of embedding PayPal is the exact same method Stripe uses to take their payments, ask for logins and 2FA codes but it is done to look like popups so no one can tell PayPal just aren't great at providing a way to hide it.

As this appears to concern some users, due to not seeing paypal in the address bar I will see if we can work on an alternative but this won't be for a while.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:57:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:57:33