Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Why not keep discussion in this forum

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2019 08:22
@ The Next
Why another site like github to post issues?

We already have the forum, steam (not yet for AppGameKit Studio of course) and now another one? Wouldn't it be better for all of us to hold this together?

I've purchased AppGameKit Studio yesterday and this are the very first issues I've noticed:
- lacking of the usefull controll-T -shortcut to directly jump to the function (I know we can select at the top of screen, but...)
- double click on the file on the left to open the current file instead of choosing it from the top would is much more comfortable/clearer to me
- can't we choose further fonts?

In general thanks for this really great step forward !

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2019 08:34 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2019 08:35
GitHub is better as you're more likely to report each problem in a seperate issue/ticket which is easier for them to manage and action. Here you've listed 3 problems in one post.

Problems also get buried quickly on a forum so it's harder for them to track what problems people are raising.

Also, the title you gave this post makes it look like an official announcement from TGC asking us to post here and nowhere else which would be misleading for new people.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2019 09:50 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2019 09:52
We are holding everything together by asking everyone to post issues on GitHub, it keeps everything in one place. GitHub is also designed for this exact thing allowing us to easily track the reports the forum is not intended for tracking bugs and as such we won't be tracking them here. If you post an issue here it will get locked and forgotten because the team will not check here at all for issue reports.

I have also renamed this thread as it was misleading
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA RTX 2060

AFA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2019 14:29
I apologize if my title was misleading, that really wasn't my intention - it was surprising to me, but if two native speaker (which I am not) tell me, it has to be that way.

Because I now know that a lot of issues are already handled on GitHub I've updated my own issues from above:
- lacking of the usefull controll-T -shortcut to directly jump to the function -> already found as issue #47
- double click on the file on the left to open the current file -> found as issue #117
- can't we choose further fonts? -> Created an issue on GitHub as #135

So now everything has been moved on GitHub as requested.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:24:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:24:17