Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Does AppGameKit Studio come with a Shader Editor/Runtime Viewer

Author
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Mar 2019 10:35 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2019 10:36
Thinking of creating An AppGameKit Shader Editor, builder and real time viewer of the AppGameKit Shader Language in the future - a bit similar to how http://glslsandbox.com/ works

But if AppGameKit Studio has this feature or going to have this type of feature in the future then maybe it would not be so much of a thing to create one after all.

But just thought id ask
Tier 1 Developer
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2019 12:10
Good point. Paul, who is working on AGKS, is the same programmer who created the shader editor for DBP (Dark Shader), so he would be in a good position to do the same for AGKS. It would make sense to have such an editor in AGKS.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2019 22:30
I think you'll struggle here - AppGameKit dies when you compile an invalid shader, any editor enviroment coded through AppGameKit that sufers this issue will make a GLSL sandbox envirometn very difficult.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2019 22:34
Maybe you could have two processes communicating through comms
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2019 22:40
Again, without access to peek/poke how would you pass any parameters between processes? I;ve been asking for them for FOREVER for just that reason.
puzzler2018
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Mar 2019 22:48
more debugging coming into play is wanted here i expect

Thats why i love the try and catch in Visual C#

Catch and do nothing - just continue - or send a message - im not going to process your commands cause your all crap at programming shaders LOL

Tier 1 Developer
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2019 23:08
Quote: "Again, without access to peek/poke how would you pass any parameters between processes?"

That could be done quite easy from a pair of plugins both using SendMessage/WM_COPYDATA/COPYDATASTRUCT, this is after all the API recommended way to pass information between programs without twitchy AntiVirus apps deeming process injections and global memory access as suspicious.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2019 23:10
Quote: "Again, without access to peek/poke how would you pass any parameters between processes? I;ve been asking for them for FOREVER for just that reason."

I think this was an example in the old news letters.
1. Build the project
2. Run the .exe twice
3. Select Host for one and client for the other
4. On the host app click on the colours

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2019 00:38
Parttimecoder......I assume you mean for mobile? DBPro had matrix utils, all you needed for multi process threading, could probably be adapted easily enough.

Blink0k......cool idea, but here in the shader example the second app wiĺ have to keep being restarted, far from ideal.

I guess you could run it from the first app, after checking to see if it was running, just make sure they have different . Exe names. Might work.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2019 01:01 Edited at: 4th Mar 2019 01:01
Quote: "cool idea, but here in the shader example the second app wiĺ have to keep being restarted, far from ideal."

Yes. You can start it via RunApp() and check it's running via GetAppRunning(). I think it would work pretty well. No worse than compiling and/or running an app from the IDE
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2019 09:04 Edited at: 4th Mar 2019 09:04
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2019 09:35
Nice. Will have to check it out.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2019 07:04
I wonder how he prevents it from crashing?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:55:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:55:06