Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / GameCube Favorites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that not everyone likes the Gamecube even though it's graphics engine runs at about 12 million polygons per second. (ps2- 70 million per sec, xbox- 125 milliom per sec) but still it has a quicker process or than ps2 (gc-485 mhz, ps2- 300mhz, xbox-733mhz) and it has more fun games than xbox. Please post your gamecube game favorites here. If you don't like gamecube don't post here. that's would just be a waste of space!

My favorites: DBZ: Budokai
MKouble Dash
Metriod Prime (I heard a second one supposed to come out)

TheDesktops Software
Current Project: DarkGamePlayer
Attention: DarkBasic Game Devs, you can now post your game on the new DarkGamePlayer
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 17:17 Edited at: 24th Dec 2003 17:17
Quote: "I know that not everyone likes the Gamecube even though it's graphics engine runs at about 12 million polygons per second. (ps2- 70 million per sec, xbox- 125 milliom per sec) "

Actually the GC figure is with all lighting, shaders, logic, sound etc running aswell whereas the other two figures are just "bare minimums".
(oh and that sentence was a complete contradiction )

Yeah, Metroid prime 2 looks amazing.

1 - LOZ: WW / Metroid prime
2 - TS2
3 - ISS 2

"Nowadays more and more of our imports are coming from abroad" - George Bush

Formerly David89.
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 18:47
I want Prime for Xmas really bad

Best Multiplayer: Star Wars: Clone Wars
Best Overall: Kirby's Air Ride

I am mischeivious
RoooooOoooooKoooooKoooooRoooooOoooooKoooooKooooo!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 21:16
Prime came out march here - so that must be last year in US - isn't it in players choice by now? If so then won't it be dirt cheap

Formerly David89.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 21:45
Super smash bros. melee
zelda wind waker
mario kart double dash
sega soccer slam
metroid prime

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yea i forgot about super smash bros melee and zelda wind waker. those are also one of my favorites

TheDesktops Software
Attention: DarkBasic Game Devs, you can now post your game on the new DarkGamePlayer
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2003 22:09
Time Splitters 2
Metroid Prime
Blitz 2003
Zelda bonus disk (the one with tAo Zelda, Zelda AOL, OOT, MM, WWdemo)

i dont understand why everyone likes Zelda WW so much. i asked for it for my birthday (along with a gamecube hehe) and i got it...played it, got pretty far, decided it sucked (i am a HUGE zelda fan, btw). i mean, after 2 or 3 hours of riding a gay boat on the water, just to get from point A to point B, it gets old, FAST! i was extreemly disappointed in that game, im just glad they re-released the old classic zelda games. but it makes me mad that you cant buy that zelda disk (i missed it by a week!) you have to buy a GC or buy differnt games that i dont want. and it doesnt have tLoZelda: aLttP, one of the best zelda games of all time (right after the 1st 2)

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2003 16:11 Edited at: 25th Dec 2003 16:15
Quote: "I know that not everyone likes the Gamecube even though it's graphics engine runs at about 12 million polygons per second. (ps2- 70 million per sec, xbox- 125 milliom per sec) but still it has a quicker process or than ps2 (gc-485 mhz, ps2- 300mhz, xbox-733mhz)"

They are not the same statistics. The 70mn / 125mn figures for PS2 & XBOX are untextured, untransformed, unlit, un-everythingelse polys. The 12mn figure for the GameCube is for textured, transformed & lit polys - ie. real world performance.

In addition, you cannot compare CPU speeds for the machines as they are:

a) Created by different manufacturers
b) Each system runs a completely different CPU design.

Back to the subject: Metroid Prime, Zelda: Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Starfox Adventures and Mario Kart DD

BlueGUI Plugin:http://blue.robert-knight.net / BlueIDE http://blueide.sf.net-Free Replacement editor for DBPro
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2003 16:28
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Animal Crossing (gotta play it at least once a day, damn things worse than heroin)
Super Monkey Ball

I was also disapointed with Wind Waker, for such a huge map I would expect a bit more on it rather than 95% water. The lack of levels is what killed it for me though. Five and a half levels is crap for a Next Gen System, I forgive Majora's lack of levels due to the highly involving amount of non-dungeon related tasks, but Walker didn't even have that. This game should of had at least 8 more levels, I mean they didn't even have a level for the final pearl. I hope that the next Zelda game has at least 16 levels, I'm tired of the Gameboy games out shining the console ones in everything but graphics.

I've lost 25lb playing Dance Dance Revolution, no really!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2003 17:11
Just got 1080 and f-zero today. 1080 is one of the best snowboarding games I have ever seen

Formerly David89.
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
sonic adventure 2 battle & sonic dx

the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
Skies of Arcadia. Nice RPG game for a Gamecube console sysyem. Originally on dreamcast!

TheDesktops Software
Mussi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 20:30
phantasy star online

Specs: AMD Athlon 1800, 256 DDRRam 266mhz, 80GB HD 7200rmp U133, Geforce 4 Ti4400 128mb ddr sdram

http://www.apollostudio.nl/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:29:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:29:33