Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Discovered Something REAL Neat This Morning

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2019 20:30 Edited at: 10th Mar 2019 20:41
As I'm sure most of us are aware, building or testing a FPSC game will crash if it exceeds or nears (1500MB used). I've been super careful with my levels memory and keep it around 1200, however when I went to build my game, it crashed saying (1632MB used)!

So I thought, "Where did all those extra megabytes come from?"

I opened up FPSC Cleaner to delete the .bins and .dbos and went back to try again. (2100MB used) this time! Alright, so I restarted my PC, deleted .bins and .dbos again, and tried again. (4100MB used)! What the heck?! I'm still not sure what was causing it, and normally I would rebuild the whole level from scratch. However this time I did find a solution

Install CCleaner (i dont know if other cleaning programs will work - you can grab CCleaner here). Delete your .bins and .dbos first, then run CCleaner and Analyze/Clean.

After that was done, I opened FPSC and built the game - (1232MB used)!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2019 20:40
@ sbegley001
Quote: " FPSC game will crash if it exceeds or nears (1500MB used)"

Which version of fpsc are you using ? But if you have BlackIce mod I do know you can exceed 2000MB with no problem as long as you
have the system memory cap set to "off" ( systemmemorycapoff=1)

Quote: " tried again. (4100MB used)! What the heck? "

Yeah, fpsc is funny at times and a lot of times things get stuck in memory. Which bin cleaner are you using? The stock one
Try this one from Bond1if you don't have it. It's super fast and cleans everything. https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/196309
Just place in your main FPSC directory folder and run it.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2019 00:23
Quote: "BlackIce mod I do know you can exceed 2000MB with no problem "

I have heard people are able to but for some reason mine wont build the game if its over 1500mb, and will only occasionally test the game without crashing, even with systemmemorycapoff=1. Perhaps it is my system? Havent tried to build a larger level on my newer pc so Ill try it out.

Quote: "Try this one from Bond1"

Thanks for this! Had it ages ago and have since forgotten about it. Although, this "memory inflation" only seems to happen when building the game, not testing it strangely? Either way, ccleaner does the trick and maybe bond1's cleaner will make in unnecessary.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:37:00
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:37:00