Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The Biggest FPSC game ever made! How do you think?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
2 years little by little i try hard to polish and make the game better, and now finally i released CRIMSON METAL REDUX. Working with FPSC was fun and in some ways challenging. I started a giveaway on indiedb cheak this out if you are interested. Would like to see what are you thinking about the game.

sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2019 21:51
Wow awesome! Will definitely download when the giveaway goes live. Excited to try your game mate, I've seen it around and it certainly seems to be not only a true labor of love, but an exemplary example that the game engine does not define the game created. Standing by
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2019 23:06
Give us a copy !!!

Congratulations on a coherent, competent and well executed FPSC game on Steam. This is no small feat and worthy of high praise indeed.

I have no doubts this game will be fun and well designed but I'm equally keen to see how stable. For example does the game crash after multiple plays or levels etc.

Out of interest how many levels does the game have and how did you build them?

Did you follow any specific design rules when making the game or do you have any valuable learning experiences about FPSC to share after making it?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2019 23:23
Terrific MADBOX. Happy to see this coming out. Been waiting for it
Can't wait to try it out.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Mar 2019 23:51 Edited at: 19th Mar 2019 00:11
I'm watching the clock....

What was that? It went from 0 to 1 hour, 2 minutes!
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2019 01:13
Ah I see its a raffle...fingers crossed!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2019 01:22
Quote: "Ah I see its a raffle...fingers crossed! "

Can you explain it to me?
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2019 01:30
@xplosys He is giving away only 20 copies and we can enter to hopefully win one
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2019 01:52 Edited at: 19th Mar 2019 01:55
Nevermind.
MADBOX
Years of Service
User Offline
Unfortunately the game still crashes, but now it's a rare event. The loading screen now it's not a big pain. I tried to optimize each level as much as possible, each level should not use more than 1.4 gb. Also in each level I used a limited number of unique textures and objects. And I had to make the levels more linear, but I think it didn't hurt the game experience to much.
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2019 03:05
Looks like I wasn't a winner, but that's okay. I'll pick it up sometime soon Anybody win a key?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2019 20:55
@ sbegley001 Yep i got one, and must say, if your a fan of old school ( and i mean old school) shooter then this one really is fun to play.
Its' just something I really enjoy, these type of games and fast pace. Not everyone will like it It has it's own "niche", it's well crafted, great atmosphere,
sound track, the fast pace of old shooters. I've played now 4 levels and hope to play more tonight ( taking my time with this one, no rush ) some levels are tough.
I say it's definitely worth the price if you like these sort of games. I myself will purchase the addons. No crashes yet ( amazing for an fpsc game i know )
Plays and loads smooth, he did a great job putting this together High Five MADBOX
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2019 22:17 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2019 22:18
I played the game this evening ...

- Firstly the sound design is amazing. The ambient and incidental sounds are really atmospheric and make the game very immersive.
- The opening level is well executed and helps introduce the setting. The game has great performance which means AI is responsive and fun to play against.
- The difficulty is high and you can get taken out by any enemy at any time. There are plenty of ammo and health pickups and you will need them.
- The graphics are good and fitting for the game with nice use of lighting and specular effects on surfaces etc.
- The game design works perfectly for this style of game i.e. old school FPS, collecting coloured keys to open doors and finding or activating the exit.
- There is good replayability and I found myself retrying a number of times to get to the next checkpoint.

A couple of issues with respawning in an area where the player cannot move and forced to reload the save game but no crashes so far.
Its a good example of what can be achieved with FPSC if you design a game with the best possible conditions e.g. lots of corridors, repeated textures, spawning enemies and not too many unique assets.

Overall I give this 4 stars. Great job

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:18:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:18:41