Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Sound and Media

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I wanted to ask a question for some time hope someone has my answer !
I'm having trouble producing main sound ambiance in the game, every time i put a file either .wav or .ogg i don't hear anything in game, but why ?
Is there something i'm missing ?
sometimes i reach the thought of FPS creator being broken or idk ?
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 05:19 Edited at: 25th Mar 2019 05:20
Howdy @Gotvacha

1. Open a new file/level in fps creator from File>New
2. Ooen Build Game Menu from File>Build Game
3. Change the Level Setup background music to what you like. I find ogg works best. Change nothing else.
4. Click Okay
5. Now open your level and test
6. Profit?

Though you probably set the background noise for your game, it doesnt take effect in test game unless the default "mygame" is changed
Gotvacha
Years of Service
User Offline
I've tried everything, it seems to me that absolutely everything is by default if i try changing something it stay the same.
Even when i make a soundzone or trigger zone it still doesn't produce the sound also uploading images doesn't work aswell, like i said its like everything is by default and doesn't wanna change.
I don't seem to have a problem with the settings they work fine i changed the darkness, sky and etc. i even put lights everywhere accompanied with light bulbs as a better effect but nothing else works !
Thats why im prompted of thinking that my creator could have an issue, how does one check game and scripting ?
My version is 1.0.0.1 if that helps...
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 21:16
Hmmm it could be a problem with your files or your version. I heavily recommend using update 0.20beta with blackicemod for the best experience. Check it out here:

http://blackicemod.org

I get back home soon and I can give you better advice from my pc.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 21:34 Edited at: 25th Mar 2019 21:41
@ Gotvacha Yeah, that's a very old version Did you get it off Github ? If so after installing V1.0 your supposed to install V1.20 ( it's also there at Github )
Then if you want to you can install a mod such as Black Ice ? Or just use plain vanilla V1.20 ( its up to you ) But I would highly recommend you also run the DX9c in your "tools" folder
to make sure you have all the necessary DirectX-9 files needed for fpsc to run properly.

Note: Sound files....stick with mono 22Hz or less .wav or .ogg ( not stereo ! ) Audacity is great for this and it's free
Images... stick with .dds / .tga / .png / .jpg kinda work, sometimes not ? Stay away from other formats until you figure out what works and
what doesn't ?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
Gotvacha
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, but i'm already in some hours of work in a project will that be lost or corrupt after i update ?
Gotvacha
Years of Service
User Offline
@ncmako
You may have point my friend i will try that and get back to you.
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2019 23:15
Quote: "Ok, but i'm already in some hours of work in a project will that be lost or corrupt after i update ?"

Should be fine Just in case though, I would copy your .fpm file of your work (in fps creator\files\mapbank) to your desktop, then put it back after update.
Gotvacha
Years of Service
User Offline
@sbegley001
You have been a great help, thank you ! Thanks alot guys !!
One last question tho...
How do i add things like footsteps, water and working entities (one example: how to make a switch do something if pressed ?)
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2019 09:41
@ Gotvacha Start by looking in your "doc's" folder, there is a .pdf file called ocgfpscguide ( official community guide )
It will give you answers to many questions with very detailed explanations There is also the fpsc manual in there.
As for water, just add a triggerzone and change it's main script to one of the "water" scripts found in your scriptbank\waterscripts folder.
( hotkey for water level is the pageup & pagedown keys to adjust water levels, hit Enter to lock in water level )

Last: Use the "Search" function at the top of website to find answers to many questions already answered on the forums
best,
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:42:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:42:30