Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Player gets killed at start of level 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 1st Jun 2019 11:12
Everytime level 2 starts, the player gets killed for no reason. Is there a way to fix that?
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2019 14:09
ScooT9 Need more info, it could be any number of reasons Most likely it's a script running at the very beginning
taking players health away ? Is the player falling, or just standing there? Is player being shot at ? etc... etc.
As you said it's only in level2 start. Is this a final build or just a test run of the level?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2019 17:45
i didn't put any scripts that kill the player, and i didn't put any enemies at the start of the level, also, the player is just standing, and it's a final build
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2019 02:13
@ ScooT9 Ok, it's in the final build. You checked your scripts, no enemies, those are not a problem. How about this, when you finish level1
does the player have enough "health" to continue the next level ( just guessing here ) There has to be something that is taking the players health
right at the start If it gets to frustrating can you build just levels one & two and send me a link, maybe by luck I'll find the culprit ?
Just a thought.
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2019 12:18
When you test level 2 by itself does the player die at the beginning?

Make sure the player is spawning into an open area in the map and not being obstructed. You'll need to provide your maps if you want people to investigate for you.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2019 15:01
When testing the level the player doesn't die
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2019 10:50
ScooT9 There's no way to tell what's happening from this point between levels 1 & 2.
Like Nomad said you will need to provide your maps so we can see.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2019 13:09
Should i provide the maps as fpm's openable by fpsc or as built game? maybe both?
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
No one's gonna steal your game don't worry, or you can email them the files, which would take longer but hey, it's safer right?
Medal of Honor
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2019 19:03
One of my fellow had the similar problem, but in that case problem appearing when player is teleported it's been solved by making player immortal for a few second in moment of teleporting.
Maybe you can make player immortal for a few second when game starts.
GS
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2019 22:11
@ScooT9 I would just make a build of levels 1 & 2. Just upload the build to a hosting site like DropBox or similar
and then email a link to the file. Its easy. Like I said only if you get too frustrated and can't find a solution

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 10:27:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 10:27:38