Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How can I show random HUDs at built game's UI?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2019 12:01
Hello there!!

I am trying to achieve a effect where the game over screen would show a random message. How can I do that?

Best,
and249
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2019 13:46
and249 In your final build, locate and open the file "gameover.fpi" under languagebank\english\gamebank\ *** NAME OF YOUR GAME***
This folder contains all the .fpi files that setup and run the necessary files to play your game. Don't confuse gamewon.fpi with gameover.fpi
Open the gameover.fpi with notepad (or whatever) and you'll noticed the default hud and background images along with the timer.

You can replace those with your own images & adjust the timer to meet your needs
With a little code change one can also play a video if need be

best,
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2019 11:17
and249
Quote: " show a random message"

I looked at your question again and I see I misunderstood you. You want a random image to appear.
You can take the same gameover.fpi file and change a few commands for this. Here is one I threw together, but not tested.

I used three images for this, you can add more of course. You can see the path for an image and give it your own names.
The "random" command will randomly choose which image to show on screen before the timer kills it.

Note: this is a scripting question. In the future use the Script Forum to post a script question.
Makes it easier for others to find
best,
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
and249
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2019 08:05
Thanks for your response, ncmako!! I will check out the script you provided me with and let you know whether it works or not.

Best,
and249

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:54:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:54:22