Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Help me with my model !!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a model and it looks wrong in the game. What's wrong with the model ?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 17th Jun 2019 02:33
Sorry, I thought I already responded to this. It's old age. LOL
Try changing the offy value to raise the entity. Something like offy=-30 and then adjust from there. Don't forget to clear the bin files after changing the fpi.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2019 04:32 Edited at: 9th Jul 2019 16:28
Also add a ROOT bone or MAIN bone. if you look at most characters made for games, there is a main/root bone that positions the character automatically. It has been awhile since I have made models for fpsc, but it always require a root/main bone in the armature.
Signature removed by moderator, max size 600x120
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks so cute
Medal of Honor
nnn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2019 08:57 Edited at: 29th Jun 2019 07:52
Who can help fix my model to make it look normal and not fall into the ground ?

For my model, I started making a skeleton from the first bone at the model's feet and still my model falls underground.

Attachments

Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Bring it up, as in moving the model up in your software and then export it, or just use Page Up in FPSC.
Medal of Honor
nnn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2019 09:28 Edited at: 29th Jun 2019 09:28
I specified in the dog.fpe offset=30 and the dog stood on the ground but when it starts to run at the player the dog falls underground.

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 29th Jun 2019 18:31
@ nnn
Quote: "but when it starts to run at the player the dog falls underground"

Do what Pvt.Dan said to do. Just doing the "offsety=x" isn't enough. The animations also need to be offset.
You need to raise it up for everything, all animations included
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
nnn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2019 19:28 Edited at: 29th Jun 2019 19:29
I checked all the animation and found no errors in it. Here I post my model to check what it is. my model
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2019 01:18 Edited at: 9th Jul 2019 16:28
Quote: "Do what Pvt.Dan said to do. Just doing the "offsety=x" isn't enough. The animations also need to be offset.
You need to raise it up for everything, all animations included"

Nope not the problem.

Quote: "Bring it up, as in moving the model up in your software and then export it, or just use Page Up in FPSC."

Nope wasn't that either.

Quote: "Also add a ROOT bone or MAIN bone."

Nope not that. Wait that was me!

So, I fixed your model even added an idle animation and made a small script. I tried all day to make this work. And I do mean all day. I was so out of practice with fpsc and blender that I just couldn't make them talk at all. To fix this, I had to make a new model and animated it. Don't worry I didn't remake your model. For my little test I made a simple sphere gave it 2 bones, small animation, simple texture and exported it. Took me 3 trys to finally see the problems. So, let me explain what the problems were.

First problem:
Blender has updated the export script for direct x. Not a big deal, but half the stuff I was good at, I had to learn all over. I had to learn which setting worked and which ones didn't. I will describe what setting later.

#2 problem:
Your model that you sent had way to many vertices for fpsc. Your model had over 30,000 vertices! Not a bad thing, but for what you had, fpsc cried way to much.

#3 problem:
I am going to be honest here, no matter what I tried your original c.blend would not produce a good .x file. I think might have had to many bones as well. You had 30 bones.

#4 problem:
No ROOT bone. When fpsc first started you didn't need to have a root bone, but later on it became a need. Hence, why everyone kept saying " offset the y 30 " .

So, what fixed it?

#1) A hammer! Just kidding, but I was beginning to want to beat it with a hammer.

#2) Settings. I noticed that if I selected " Export Skin Weights , Export Armature Bones, Export Rest Position, Export Animations " and (Very Important) Untick " Export Selected Objects Only ", Everything worked. However, this did not work in your c.blend. Maybe due to everything wrong within the file, it was better to start from scratch.

#3) Like I said, better start from scratch and that was what I did. I exported your model to .obj file and opened a clean scene. Created a new armature with reduced bones. Decimated the mesh by half to retain the uv map. Gave it your animations and a new idle animation.

#4) This next part really got me most of the day and it wasn't until my simple model that I found it. In the old days of blender and fpsc, the ROOT bone did not need to deform, but Now it needs to deform. Small pointer, turn the deform off for bones weights i.e. automatic weights, and turn it back on before export. Now i thought it was just fpsc v1.20 causing this problem, but I went to v 1.15 and it still needed it. So I am guessing it has something to do with the export script from blender.

#5) I got nothing for this. I done.

I do have a few pointers for you. Sculpting high res models is great and I applaud you for doing so, but start off with a low res model that will be your actual in game model and bake the high res model onto that one. Otherwise, you get the fun job of shrink wrapping the model afterwards. or do like you did and leave it. Just more work though.
Lastly, keep the model in the middle(0,0,0). Your model was 3 floors down and 3 floors away from it's origin. By keeping it centered, it is easier to fix if needed.

Well, that's all I had for you. Model is attached, just unzip to your files and play!
Enjoy!
Signature removed by moderator, max size 600x120

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 30th Jun 2019 02:51
Thanks Starmind for doing this for him But I thought a "hammer" fixes everything
Yeah I also noticed the number of vertices also, way too many for fpsc.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought either a "Root" bone or a "Body" bone can be used for characters?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought either a "Root" bone or a "Body" bone can be used for characters?"

In fpsc, preety much anything animated, any other game engine not really needed, but a good practice.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:52:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:52:29