Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / confess!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2003 21:55
just wondering, since I am a bit of computer fiend and all my mates/relatives lean on me for help, I have had eight phone calls today from various people asking me to remotely (via phone) fix their problems with new games/software/hardware.
In every case all they needed to do was to download updates, one young man was obstinatly refuseing to install dx even though there was a message box on the screen telling him he had to upgrade to 8.1 for the software to run.
So come on! confessions time, how many of you guys have ALL your drivers/software up to date?, and who doesn`t bother?

Mentor

Ps: you can guess from this that I do have almost everything up to date, the only exeption is bios flashes to hardware, most of the flash programs and the readmes are so bad I feel too uneasy about flashing a device and probably ending up with a heap of junk in place of something that was working just fine anyway.

System spec : Pentium 3.0Ghz, 512MB DDR, 2x160Gb HD (using icewave hd coolers ), DVD RW/CD RW (all modes), multimedia front panel, 6 way surround sound, ATI radeon 9800 128mb.
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
I do...except I haven't updated my nVidia drivers for a few months...

Team EOD :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2003 21:58
whats a driver? how can you update them? bios? is that a chooolate bar?
thats nearly my level of updatingness, i've updated graphics drivers thingy-ma-bobs once on this pc, haven't needed to since though, no problems running anything you see

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2003 23:00
Ok...I CONFESS!
1)I had not updated Win XP ONCE since I got it.
2)I was still running on MSN messanger 3 untill 2 weeks ago.
3)I waited almost 4 months to get patch 5 for DBP after I bought it.
4)I watched my cat lick it self.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2003 23:02
Oh and if I got a quarter for everytime I changed my sig, I would be putting Bill Gates to shame right about now.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 01:27
All three home computers are always up to date. Two computers at work are also always up to date. The one remaining computer (a W98 machine) isn't 'cos the server uses domains which the 98 machine doesn't like.

The place for all great plug-ins
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Everything is up to date, sometimes I load my ghost image, update the drivers and save again

Dual AMD Athlon MP 2x1GHZ | IBM 15000Rpm SCSI 73.4 Gb X 2 | e-GeForce Ti4400 | Audigy 2 + 7.1 Surround sound | 17' Monitor | Ugly mouse
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 04:12
I only have the first WindowsXP service pack, just so I can have a second HDD with more than 136GB on it. I tryied to upgade about a year ago and it crashed me computer, it sealed off half my HDD. The files were still there but since I had to reinstal Windows it deleted the old password effectively cutting off half my HDD, so I'm more the scepitcal on the service packs.

I still have DX 8, mainly due some combatiblity issues with 9. I've yet to get a game that requires it yet so I'll stick with 8 untill I do.

I just update Winamp, like, 2 dayes ago.

I've lost 25lb playing Dance Dance Revolution, no really!
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 05:33
A few things are up to date, and a few things arent. I'm the average joe shmoe when it comes to updating, only update when neccesarry, or when my mom bugs me to update

Cheers,
Preston

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512MB Ram NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 128MB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:26:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:26:07