Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Smooth Transitioning Ambient Light and Fog

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2019 14:02 Edited at: 17th Jul 2019 16:23
I remember when one of the longest problems I had was that there was no way to smoothly transition between different lighting and fog settings. There were a few scripts for it but I never understood them.
So just the other day I decided to quickly make a set of scripts to do what I wanted.

Just put a triggerzone with Smooth Ambient and Fog.fpi as the main script and then make another and use the script of what setting you want.
Making new settings is as easy as copying and editing one of the fpi scripts

https://www.mediafire.com/file/xj2yvl8dqw3b3wb/Smooth_Ambient_and_Fog.zip/file

It's just a vaguely linear interpolation between variables, probably not the most well done method but I think it will do.
Keep in mind you can't modify ambience or fog any other way when using this method.
The variables are pretty self explanatory.

If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2019 00:20
uzi idiot Thank you very much ! Setting it up now. Quick question, extra folder inside named skybox_test
Extra scripts for ???
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2019 07:22
They change the skybox to natural/pln, a blue sky with a matching fog.
There is an outdoor and indoor version, the only difference is that the indoor version has lower ambient and a further fogstart value.
It was to test the transition between realistic levels of settings rather than debug primary colors.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2019 22:04
@ Uzi I'm having problems getting the fog to show properly. Which version are you using?
I'm using BIM V10.8
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2019 12:36
It should work fine in Black Ice mod, or any FPSC version past 1.18 I think.
The problem is likely that fog doesn't work with shaders (I have no idea how it works at least) and coloured ambient light doesn't work with shaders either
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2019 15:37
uzi idiot It working! It was my bad I just placed a triggerzone and attached scripts. The script for amb & fog settings is a plrwithinzone script.
Easy fix. This is a really good fog script Thank you for doing this. Variables work just fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:12:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:12:23