Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Just double checking on these before I make a request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2019 01:52 Edited at: 26th Jul 2019 07:51
Hello everyone!

I have a couple of ideas for improving AppGameKit Studio based on the last 24 hours of using it for a "real" project (AKA: a project that is not just me playing around with AppGameKit Studio). But I wanted to ensure that I am not missing anything before I submit these ideas to GitHub.

Here they are:
1. Ability to change a sprite's image by simply clicking and dragging an image onto a field in the 2d editor. (AKA: I made a sprite... but changed my mind on which image to use for it. I could only change it via code or by deleting the sprite and recreating it)
2. Code folding. AppGameKit Classic has this.... but I cannot find it in AppGameKit Studio.
3. Controlling array group indexes for sprites in the 2d editor (AKA: guarantee the order in which they are added to an array)... this is not a huge issue since I can simply use my own array in code rather than use the array group feature... but just an idea.
4. Get rid of the slider for depth or give the option of typing depth directly in the 2d editor (again... not a huge issue... it would just calm my OCD since I can never get the slider to be EXACTLY 1000, 1250, or whatever LOL)

Please let me know if I missed how to do these items. Otherwise, I will submit them to GitHub.

Thanks!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Tsung
Years of Service
User Offline
Taking your suggestions..
1. Not sure; haven't used it enough to comment
2. Yes please, code folding makes life a lot easier as a developer.
3. Not sure what you mean no comment..
4. Yes again, not even for OCD, it's nice to deal with known values. Sliders might seem like a "good choice" but really there are the work of the devil, i use them in a game when I don't want the player to be able to put an exact value in (a golf game for instance). A scene with many different sprites rending at many different levels, a slider is next to useless for sorting out the z-buffer depth, especially if the other objects are close together on the z buffer scale. A number is a known value... (again if a number is displayed, I would rather I choose that number by typing that by working out if 1 pixel to left/right will result in the value I desire).

Walkman1014
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2019 11:31
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
I went ahead and made official requests on AKG Studio's Github. Closing this thread. Thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:54:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:54:29