Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Code/Text Editor Window far too floaty with trackpad on MacBook Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2019 12:40 Edited at: 26th Jul 2019 12:41
Anyone know if it's possible to make it less floaty? Just moving my fingers to scroll up and down can make it shoot left and right. First time using since one of the first alpha versions. Don't remember it being this bad. It's too floaty and fast with simple gesture movements.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2019 12:48 Edited at: 26th Jul 2019 12:49
Just started classic back up, and up and down is fine, left and right is slow, now it feels a little too slow because of what I've just experienced in Studio, but that's ok as I can just use the scroll bar to move right to the end of a long line in classic.

You'll see in geany, it's not easy to scroll up or down, while also scrolling left or right (with a trackpad), one takes priority/precedence over the other. Studio goes wild and lets you do both.

VS Code seems to handle vertical and horizontal scrolling well. Had to test a few editors to see if I was imagining it.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2019 12:52
I think the main issue here is the scroll speed. One gentle flick and I can jump down 2000 lines of code. In geany it's like a 100. Same with VS. This would honestly drive me crazy.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2019 16:56
You also can't swipe slowly left or right to pan across a long a long line of code in a straight line, the editors going up and down like crazy.

Am I the only one using a trackpad? What's it like on a Windows trackpad? I don't have a mouse to test.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2019 08:32 Edited at: 29th Jul 2019 08:39
The first minute of this video shows vertical scroll speeds when applying the flick gesture to a MacBook Pro trackpad, both in Studio and Classic. You can see that the number of lines scrolled in Studio at once is greater (which is what I was talking about with scroll speeds).

The last minute is where Studio becomes a real issue to work with when swiping left and right. In Geany you will see that swiping left and right barely moves the text, and that the only way to get to the end of a line quickly is to use a scroll bar. Studio goes up and down like crazy when swiping left and right.

What I forgot to show is just general panning up and down, and this is also where Studio becomes unusable for me, because gently panning up and down to move through your code also triggers left and right swipes so you get what's happening in the last minute of the video where the text/lines are jumping around and you can quickly lose yourself in your code, and not in a good way

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2019 10:52
It scrolls vertically super fast too with a Magic Mouse and can traverse 4000 lines of code in a couple of seconds with a couple of flicks.

Perhaps a scroll speed option in preferences would be the best solution?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:40:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:40:19