Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AGKSV1.0 Small Text has full stops as spaces on screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2019 20:33 Edited at: 30th Jul 2019 20:37
Hi,
I have been writing my RPG for 3 months now, but am having a problem in AGKS.V1.0. Using the newer system Font "UseNewDefaultFonts(1)" all the spaces in the text turn into full stops between the words. When I load the same program into AGKClassic, the spaces are shown correctly. Not sure if this is a Vulcan error or not, as I don't get an option in Studio to choose the output. I have attached the 2 screens to show the problem, can anyone confirm it's a bug?

Classic Screen

Studio Screen

Regards
Kevin
Sinclair ZX81, Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Various), Sinclair QL, Amiga (Various) then PC's...
Sinclair Basic - QL Basic - Amos Basic - Dark Basic Pro - AGK2.0 - Still a Beginner LOL...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2019 21:15
perhaps i'm being dumb but i'm not seeing any dots in the pictures?
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu
Choper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2019 06:03
Hi,
If you look very closely at the bottom picture, you can see little tiny white dots between each word that are not there on the classic picture. You can see it better if you download the image and zoom in. It is quite clear when I run the game full screen...

Here is a Zoom in on the Studio Picture

Regards
Kevin
Sinclair ZX81, Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Various), Sinclair QL, Amiga (Various) then PC's...
Sinclair Basic - QL Basic - Amos Basic - Dark Basic Pro - AGK2.0 - Still a Beginner LOL...

Attachments

Choper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2019 21:18
Hi, sorry to bring it up again, but anyone have this problem? If so I will post it on Githup?

Regards
Kevin
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2019 15:23
Unfortunately I can't seem to replicate this, are you able to create a small example that shows the problem, or can you send me your project? It seems to be the space character that is messing up, and characters are added to the font image as they are used, so it may be very specific to the the letters that were used just before the first space was used.
Choper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2019 19:05
Hi Paul,
I have done a small program pulled from my main game that shows the fault. Hopefully I have attached it correctly! It seems to be something to do with the low screen resolution I am using I think. It does not happen every time it is run, only most of the time (and only with the new Vulkan Renderer). I also noticed that on my main full game screen in my original post, that if the dots appear on the smaller lower texts, it is not on the larger upper texts, and vica-versa... Hopefully, all this will help you find the fault, unless it is something specific to only my system!

Regards
Kevin

Attachments

PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2019 17:08 Edited at: 6th Sep 2019 17:08
Can confirm,

happens MOST OF THE TIME when using Vulkan renderer
happens RARELY when using basic renderer

BUT: As soon as I activate 64-bit in AGKS ( Preferences - Build Options ), the problem only occurs like 1 out of 10, both with Vulkan and basic renderer.

Win10 PRO 64bit, Nvidia 970GTX, AGKS

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2019 16:11
Thanks, I think I've fixed it for the next version, I've attached a new play if you want to test

Attachments

smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2019 05:30
Having same issue chopper

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:18:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:18:01