Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AGK classic to AGK studio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2019 18:37
Hi Haven't got studio yet but am considering it . What I wanted to ask was if I get studio can I load my games files from classic straight into studio and start editing them . Thanks in advance.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 3rd Aug 2019 18:43
Quote: "What I wanted to ask was if I get studio can I load my games files from classic straight into studio and start editing them"

It works fine for me

You may find that some of the games may need modifications to work with vulkan but if you are only using opengl with studio it should
be fine without changes
fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
There are some start struggelings - a few bugs here, a few things missing there - but once optimized and finished, it should be a solid, efficent development platform.
Worldwide optimal state system - ISBN 9783748157748
Weltweit optimales Staatssystem - ISBN 9783748159476
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2019 14:45
Thanks for the replies. I think I'm probably gonna leave it a few months for the dust to settle. What I really want it for is vulkan I don't think the visual editor will be much use to me as my recent stuff has been 3d .

What do you think having tried both is it worth the upgrade or is open gl pretty much the same and if I write a game using vulkan will it still run on the same computers as my other games ie older machines.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2019 18:51
I've had trouble with the built-in shadows in Vulkan so have gone back to classic for now. Apart from that, I like using the new IDE and can see myself using the 2d scene editor.
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2019 23:56
Just updated the graphics drivers in my computer and was wondering how can I tell id it supports vulkan. This will be the deciding factor as to when I bite the bullet and upgrade to AppGameKit studio. Don't see the point in upgrading if my computer is not compatible with it . It's a pretty crap setup but isn't that old. How can I find out ?
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 5th Aug 2019 00:49 Edited at: 5th Aug 2019 00:50
theres a test file that was available im not sure where to find it

I couldn't find the link that had the full list of compatible video cards but perhaps this can help
fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2019 13:58 Edited at: 5th Aug 2019 16:46
ok thanks for that I'll try it now.
Well unfortunately I am pretty sure there are no drivers for vulkan on this computer . Never mind I'll continue with classic . It's a pretty poor machine but I get by with it .
It's an HP stream 14 with the Celeron N3060 chip with SoC HD 400 graphics . I'll just have to wait until I upgrade but I don't think that'll be anytime soon. Thanks for the help.

Dobro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2019 21:22
@Pfaber1

Hi,
you can still use Studio with the advantage of its editor, and code for your old machine!

just start your code with:

#renderer "Basic"

it uses OpenGL as before

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:40:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:40:11