Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Re Email from Google Play re App Optimization

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I received another of these optimization emails from Google Play about one of apps.

Great news — reducing your app size
could boost installs up to 11%*

The Android App Bundle is Android’s official publishing format that helps deliver a smaller, more efficient app to your users and lets you take advantage of next-generation delivery features.
Over 100,000 app bundles are already in production. On average, apps that have switched to the app bundle see size savings of 20%*. my app[i] could benefit from this significant size savings as well with minimal engineering effort.
Size savings and streamlined releases are just the beginning. By adding dynamic feature modules to your app bundle, you can choose how and to whom you deliver different features to further optimize app size.

Boost installs
Apps and games that made the switch have seen up to 11% install uplift from the size savings.

Will AppGameKit Studio incorporate this type of optimization to increase our chance of uplifts in install?

Would love to hear your opinions.
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
in my opinion, these - i try to play with the customers desire to improve his success - advertises are often bullshitty-ish , born out of a lack of creative ideas, because most solid base ideas are already worked out - and some people feel the urge to "come up with something new" in any case -
whether is really adds to the overall quality or not -

it's seen everywhere lately, in any kind of of fashion - old known, questionable marketing ideas brought up with new words and presentations -

in my opinion, microsoft and google , amazon and the likes are getting too big... not knowing what good new to add, and now they are harassing the customer with shit like microsoft cortana, or amazon alexa , or google-"we invented a 10000th variant of a new pinwand"-pinups -

overflowing the market and the customers nerve with all kind of bullshit nobody really need - don't get me wrong - it can be funny at times - and just seen from the eye of a software developer it's a funny new kinky shit here and there... but let's be real, it neither really innovative - rather tries to keep the shine -
nor does it benefit the customer...

it's the usual - we want to make you hungry for peanuts instead of pounding down a solid treasure kind of thing - but it's so old and common that it doesn't even make for a laugh anymore ... rather a disgusted smile
Worldwide optimal state system - ISBN 9783748157748
Weltweit optimales Staatssystem - ISBN 9783748159476
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2019 22:57
I don't know enough about it, but the fact that "Android App Bundle" is already the standard publishing format for Android, it is likely to eventually become the required publishing format in the not-so-distant future IMO. As far as I can tell, the Android App Bundle format allows the play store to offer a specific bundle of code and assets targeted to the end-user hardware, rather than the current APK method where all supported hardware code is lumped together into one huge download. It will definitely save space on end-user devices (as they are only downloading code for their specific CPUI), and consequently make downloads faster, so probably a good thing to do.

@Increase: I don't really understand your reply... I'm not sure Android App Bundles have anything to do with some inane marketing drive by Google. Did you reply to the correct thread?

Personally, I'd really like to see AppGameKit Classic and Studio adopt this new standard as an export option, to pre-empt the possibility of it becoming mandatory in the future.
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
i just don't like how the world develops in general ; it was a rather unspecific moan thread - humans produce all kind of shit to try to make themselves unbearable - it's nothing new - old coffee talk - i was asked for an opinion and i took the opportunity to complain
Worldwide optimal state system - ISBN 9783748157748
Weltweit optimales Staatssystem - ISBN 9783748159476
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2019 21:56
I get that same warning. Luckily the warning is low level enough that it doesn't block release.

I also would like to know about any optimization plans in the wings, especially since APK size is a factor for some in purchasing/downloading and reinstalling.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:56:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:56:14