Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Studio 2019-08-05 Broadcasting not working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2019 17:32
Hi All,

Just checking to see the status of this as when I try to broadcast to my iPad , it starts, then the player reports "Bytecode contains unknown instructions, please update the AppGameKit player"

Is this a known issue?

I control all the juicy in here!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2019 23:08
Maybe update your AppGameKit Player app on your ipad
BitManip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2019 15:52
BlinkOk, did that, still the same issue?
BitManip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2019 12:19
Still have this issue. To date I have removed the player from my ipad and reset the ipad. I then downloaded the player again.

I download the player that states: Updated for version 2019.08.01. Am I to assume that this will not work with the studio 2019_08_05?

I install on ipad and set up the studio to broadcast to my ipad ip address. Get the same error

Message Bytecode contains unknown instruction, please update the AppGameKit player...

What now?

Paul/Rick any ideas?
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2019 23:03
Heavens
Years of Service
User Offline
Had the same issue for me its the MakeColor function in AppGameKit Classic its:

MakeColor(red, green, blue)

But in AppGameKit Studio you can also use:

MakeColor(red, green, blue, alpha)

For now I have dropped back to using the version from Classic in Studio looks like the player app hasnt been updated to support the new optional paramter for MakeColor
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "looks like the player app hasnt been updated to support the new optional paramter for MakeColor"

I don't get it why TGC don't release a separate player app for Studio. Supporting both Classic and Studio in the same player gong to make the Player only bloated, big and complicated assuming TGC is trying to listen to us and improve Tier1 in Studio which means sooner or later Studio must break compatibility with Classic and having 1 player for both just makes no sense.
I have also noticed AppGameKit is becoming slower, getting more bugs and probably it is because the player is getting bloated.

I also dislike this silence, no roadmap, we don't know what direction we are going and we are not getting replies for bug reports and feature request but I have just received the glorious email from TGC "what do I want next in Studio".
GitHub and the forum is filled with feature requests and bug reports, so what should I want next? They don't even bothered to at least pick a few we requested that consider to work on.

I am sick of this small budget, small company workflow that TGC doing where they ask the kids all the time what ice cream they want, it doesn't matter we don't have an ice cream cone yet but we can ask for the ice cream now and get 10% off and we get the cone later but later because of small budget they still can not offer the cone but ask what ice cream we want again but offer 20% off this time and repeat until we get 90% off then release a new product and start all over again but still no ice cream cone but ice cream. I am really sick of this.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 26th Aug 2019 19:04
Yes it has been the same for Gameguru, which I have now left the forums for good just the same old questions about roadmap etc and why it not like unity blah blah blah .. same old same old boring boring boring. Too many bugs and fixes and core features missing, it all has ended up a complete farce and mess. Let's hope agks doesn't go same way. Would be good to hear from tgc, what's going on, for Gameguru we were told they were under some sort of NDA. looks like it all going the way of virtual reality.....
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Onomatopoesie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2019 08:09
I got a very different impression of TGC and just decided to buy AGKS. I wanted to experiment with the Pi version first. Free to use.!
And unfortunately it did not work because things were changed with Rasbian Buster. I got tips in a short time to get it working. It did not help. Within a few days, TGC revised the player and sent it to me for testing. It ran.
Again, a free product!
That convinced me. I think it's a very dedicated team behind the product. Simple game development for everyone. Especially the broadcasting function is awesome to test and have fun.
A small team has to distribute the resources optimally. The fact that the team does not regularly look into the forum, I do not see as a problem. Beginners' questions like "where is the difference between an image and a sprite?" the community likes to answer - and relieves the team. But when you approach the developers directly and politely, I get the impression that they are very interested in helping.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:30:13
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:30:13