Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Something went wrong with last Classic and Studio updates?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I suddenly start experiencing problems with my shaders on both versions, since last update.

When I run my game in classic AppGameKit I am getting these errors:

and in Studio version these two:

I have to mention that when I broadcast my game on a cellphone device everything is working normal.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

psychoanima
Years of Service
User Offline
pixel shader

vertex shader

psychoanima
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone?
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2019 20:04
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
The solution is in the error messages it is showing you (different types across shaders). I'd recommend this thread for one/another route of shaders issues: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/224812

In short, and you may already be aware of this first one, there are currently some sequential requirements for shader values (varyings) that need to match exactly in order within both the vertex and pixel/fragment shaders you are using. Also, the new compiler will display an error if you try to blend types using the same label across both shaders. So those are the primary things I would recommend checking into and changing things as may be needed.

At a quick initial glance, it appears you are trying to use two different array quantities under the same label across both shaders: agk_bonequats1[28] vs agk_bonequats1[100] and agk_bonequats2[28] vs agk_bonequats2[100] So you might want to try changing the value labels in the pixel shader, aligning the indexes, and/or transferring the original value(s) over to a different label in the fragment shader as may be needed.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2019 14:19
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
SFSW is correct that the different definitions of agk_bonequats1 is the cause. However agk_bonequats1 and agk_bonequats2 shouldn't be defined in the pixel shader since they are never used there, removing them from the pixel shader would also fix the error.
psychoanima
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks SFSW and Paul,

removing agk_bonequats solved my issue. Interesting how recent version of AppGameKit actually ignored this problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 12:34:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 12:34:52