Thanks for giving it a try!
The gamification aspect uses this really simple function to keep track of the current day:
rem Returns the number of days since 1971
tmpTime$ as String
tmpTime$ =GetCurrentTime() rem HH-MM-SS
tmpDate$ as String
tmpDate$ = GetCurrentDate() rem YYYY-MM-DD
localUnixTime as Integer
localUnixTime = GetUnixFromDate( Val(Mid(tmpDate$,1,4)), Val(Mid(tmpDate$,6,2)), Val(Mid(tmpDate$,9,2)), Val(Mid(tmpTime$,1,2)), Val(Mid(tmpTime$,4,2)), Val(Mid(tmpTime$,7,2)) )
alocalUnixDays as Integer
alocalUnixDays = localUnixTime/86400 rem 60*60*24 = 86400
rem 18081 -- 4 juli 2019
rem 18082 -- 5 juli 2019
So keeping track of your overall progress within a week would require a whole different kind of tracking. So far, you can only see your total kilometer raise according to how many words you got down yesterday. My inspiration was a small gamification app called "Task Towers" which are now, regretfully, pulled from the Google Store. It basically made your tower bigger each day you completed a task, but if you missed it, it tore it down.
The nasty blurry text is intentional! Basically, I render to a 640x360 pixel sprite, upsample that to fullscreen, and then throw on a texture to give it CRT-like pixels and monitor scratches. I have tried using sharp upsampling, but I just don't think it looks right. Think I'll add some modding options, though.
Yeah, I'll add some screenshots! It's funny. Whenever I need to present something I made online, I just freeze. It ends up like this single-sentence post.