Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Quick question. Are there any international incompatibility issues?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello.

Newcomer to DarkBasic, but not to programming in general.

I am wondering if there are any incompatibility issues with a boxed package of DarkBasic Pro sold/owned in the United Kingdom with a PC bought and used in the United States of America?

I live in the US and I went to e-bay in search of DarkBasic Pro. But, all the Pro auctions were listed in the UK area. So, I would be an international shopper. The packages are factory sealed. Because my budget is normally small, I have to pinch pennies where I can. So, I needed to know if there are any zone lockout issues or OS language oddities or monitor incompatibilities or any other little things like that.

If anyone has this information, please get back to me at jup@mail15.com . (This host has been only partially reliable. But, it's the best one to publically post.)
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 15:20
All the US distro`s CD`s came from the UK in the first place, Guy had to provide the box and manuals for them, several people have since bought from TGC in the UK and posted asking how long delivery will take, so plenty of people are using CD`s from the UK in the US, no problems been reported so far apart from some French users having install problems, something to do with the disk validation IIRC, but nobody else has had a problem AFAIK

Mentor.

System spec : Pentium 3.0Ghz, 512MB DDR, 2x160Gb HD (using icewave hd coolers ), DVD RW/CD RW (all modes), multimedia front panel, 6 way surround sound, ATI radeon 9800 128mb.
jup
Years of Service
User Offline
I thank you for your quick reply.

This is fantastic to know. Perhaps, in the coming weeks, I'll be able to purchase a copy of DarkBasic Pro and return to a gaming project I was working on in VisualBasic. (Before that old PC broke down.)

From what I've read, DB is the way to go for this project...and a few others. (I feel that I was pushing VisualBasic's standard abilities, as it was. Making it do multiple moving graphics with collision detection, Midi/Wav/MP3 all at once, keyboard/mouse/joystick combo interface and such.) Since the languages appear to have similar command structures, I don't forsee any tricky manual porting problems. (Unless, I can't get my new PC to access from the back-up CD's.) So, I might become a regular poster on these boards. (Questions and such.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 15:19:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 15:19:53