Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [SOLVED] Question about enemies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 2nd Sep 2019 20:14
When the enemies see the player they reload their gun and then start shooting, how can i disable the reloading?
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2019 21:00
ScooT9
Quote: "how can i disable the reloading?"

Your probably using a stock shoot script, correct ? Your going to have to make a custom one (script) so the npc's weapon is reloaded
as soon as level loads.
This is the code in the shoot script that makes him reload as soon as player is seen..

I haven't tried this yet, but make a custom Main-AI script, renamed the main-ai script your using now.
Try and insert the command "reloadweapon" at or near the beginning of the main script.
Which script are you using now for the main-ai, is it a stock one ? I'll test some .
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2019 21:19
The enemy's main script is "pace.fpi" and its shoot script is "shoot.fpi", also i'm going to try your solution, thanks.
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2019 22:43
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
ScooT9
After a little testing I believe I found a way to trick it. Add this line to the top of the main-ai pace.fpi script :state=0,ifweapon=0:reloadweapon
Just above :state=0:state=1 Test that and see if you get the same results I did ? Seemed to work. Now rename and keep this newer script
separate from your stock ones as to not confuse them.
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2019 10:51
Thanks, it worked!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:17:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:17:45