Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / 14 day free trial studio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2019 21:04 Edited at: 4th Sep 2019 06:12
Just downloaded the 14 day free trial and it all seems very nice . I feel very at home with it after a couple of minutes playing around and loading some sample programs . However I closed the window on the right hand side and can't work out how to get it back . I believe this is where the visual editor goes and would like to get it working . Could some kind soul steer me in the right direction to get my window back. Thanks.
It's ok I've done it .
Thanks for reading .
You're not going to believe this but I cannot find the scene editor . Everything else seems pretty straight forward . Studio is better than I thought it would be and apart from the scene editor issue is easy to use .
I can't see myself buying into it right now though but when it goes on sale in the future I might get it then . Most of my programming is 3d so won't have much use for the scene editor although I would like to see it in action . Could somebody please tell me how to open it .
It's ok found it after reading the instructions . Now I've had a chance to use AppGameKit Studio I think it's ok but in open gl mode it does the same as classic more or less . The scene editor I can live without and would probably never use . I think I would be just as happy with classic with a vulkan updrade . £78 quid or whatever it is to me is not worth it as my classic still has plenty of life in it. If my computer ran vulkan which it doesn't then I might get it but until I upgrade I really see no point . Seems like a lot of money for a pretty IDE for me anyway . When Vulkan is fully implemented cross platform and I have compatible hardware I'll wait for a sale then buy into it .
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 21:09
Pretty IDE with MUCH nicer debugging seems worth it to me. But I got it on early sale price, too .
There are still some bugs with IDE but the features are fabulous.

I'm assuming all future core language updates are going to be Studio only, so by purchasing you are supporting future updates. You are free to wait for sale, though.
Pfaber1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2019 17:12
Yes at some point probably I will be upgrading . If I were new to app game kit then it's what I would be purchasing the studio version. The thing that I really liked about it is if you're coming from AppGameKit classic it takes about 5 minutes to feel right at home . Don't see TGC having a sale on it anytime soon we'll just have to wait and see but when they do I'll be in the que. To be honest the more I use AppGameKit the more I like it. Been at it for a year and a half now and I think I'm doing quite well . Still discovering new skills .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:10:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:10:33