Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with Binary Moon tutorial

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 16:41
Hi ppl.

Im working on this binary moon tutorial, but when i add the code after lesson 6, where u load the Hoovercraft model for the 1st time, i can compile but cant run the program anymore! It gives a Memory acces error (from windows). Then it exit's again.. I think its a problem with my videocard (GeForce4800TI)..

Anyone got a solution or sounds familiar?
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 23:01 Edited at: 26th Dec 2003 23:04
Hey rogier,
I got a couple questions before I can help ya, first- are you using DarkBASIC pro or classic? And could you post some code? (I uninstalled DB because I got a new hard drive and now I can't find the disk!) Geofroce4800TI ain't too shabby.. imagine a Geforce 2 MX/MX400? It can be scary sometimes........

thanks,
juvy

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: The First Room (FPS)
Soon to come:An rts, and a snowball fight game
rogier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 23:38
Hey i got DB Pro, but i saw the tutorial was for DB Classic.. Maybe sum compatibility problems ? This is the code im trying to use..

eg, it doesnt work at other pc's either..
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 07:44
Compatability is most definitely the issue. I don't have DBpro, but you can look up the commands that are giving you trouble in the DBpro help index and there will probably be alternate syntax, or even new commands to replace the old DB classic ones with.

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: The First Room (FPS)
Soon to come:An rts, and a snowball fight game
rogier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2003 12:17
I think i know the problem. I updated DB Pro yesterday and now it says "LoadMatrix.dba" has errors in it. But it looks very complicated so i think ill just hop to another tutorial

thanks for your help anyway

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 13:31:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 13:31:34