Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [STICKY] DarkGDK 2.0 is now available for free!

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2019 03:13 Edited at: 12th Sep 2019 03:16
DarkGDK 2.0 is now available for free. The last official release was the the commercial RC4 and is compatible with older versions of PureBasic but will work fine with any version of C++.

I spent a lot of time developing this product but it was never very successful. It extend a product whose support had more or less ended and targeted a very niche market. It's still very usable and I've received a few messages over the years from former users asking about the product. As I haven't actually made a sale in years, I feel that this product should be retired and I'm not making it available for free for both personal and commercial use.

I've attached the last public release to this thread for download, as the official website is no longer online.

To use the license file, choose the option in the installer to skip online authorization. You can copy this file into the license folder after it's installed.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2019 18:13
Thank you Mistrel, this is very much appreciated.

Any link to installation pre-requisites, like supported Visual Studio versions for example, or any other additional documentation would be quite useful.

All the best,
Manuel
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2019 23:31 Edited at: 30th Sep 2019 00:01
Some of the images no longer resolve but all of the old information is still valid:

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/196865

It won't work with the latest version of PureBasic due to changes in the language. But it should still work with any C++ compiler. Lots of example projects are provided including non-specific makefile projects. It also provides an SDK that allows porting to other languages with minimal effort; see the documentation for more information.

I no longer have my mod powers. Is there anyone who can fix the title from "is now is now" to just "is now"?

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:13:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:13:46