Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / WLGfx is still alive... My first blast at AGK...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've lost my old login for WLGfx (darn it)...

I spent the morning going through the docs and came up with this quick demo. I'm hoping to get onto the C++ side soon and reviving some of my old code.

See y'all soon.

WLGfx

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2019 23:45
welcome back. and, neat demo (tho i had to drop the star count to achieve decent FPS on my system).
otherwise, i'll be reviewing your past threads which are intriguing

Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2019 09:20
Very nice demo.
WLGfx-New
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Rick and Nomad.

I've slightly altered the demo now with a Borg cube for aesthetics.

I've had a slight problem recently though. I purchased AGK2 from Humble Bundle quite some time ago, and just over the last couple of weeks, I decided to grab the AppGameKit Studio from Steam. That's the back story.

At work I use Windows and Linux 50/50, where-as at home I tend to use Linux 99% of the time. And for some stupid reason, Canonical (Linux) have dropped support for 32 bit which means Steam don't work anymore on Linux. It was only tonight I remembered I still had AGK2 on Humble Bundle. Installed it and it works. Woo hoo. Back to the old days.

My questions are:

1. Is the IDE (Linux AGK2) compatible with AppGameKit Studio? What are the differences? (Mainly preference files, etc)
2. Is there support for multi-threading in anyway or is that through plug-ins? (I'm most interested in this as I will be working on those myself anyway)
3. GLSL shaders are supported, but what about custom Vulkan pipeline support?

There's probably a few more questions, but they will come in time. I skipped asking about multi-dimensional array dynamic assignments because after a few days of digging, I finally found the long winded way of doing things.

If all goes well, with my experience of Android and back-end web junk, oh, and other stuff, I'll be dropping by more with some plugins that work'ish cross platform.

ps. Now that I'm back on Linux, as soon as I get a new demo, I'll post it...
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2019 10:40

Quote: "1. Is the IDE (Linux AGK2) compatible with AppGameKit Studio? What are the differences? (Mainly preference files, etc)"

On the code level mostly yes, except for some minor differences I believe( haven't experienced incompatibilities yet). I think prefs are completely different though, now way easier to maintain a dark theme all over for example.

Quote: " 2. Is there support for multi-threading in anyway or is that through plug-ins? (I'm most interested in this as I will be working on those myself anyway)"

If refer to the language: no m-t afaik.

Quote: " 3. GLSL shaders are supported, but what about custom Vulkan pipeline support?"

I know the same methods apply to shaders only little bit more strict to accommodate to Vulkan's demands.
WLGfx-New
Years of Service
User Offline
First take on a demo...

Got a few more ideas...

I'll be back with some plugins when I can figure them out.
Home PC: i7 3.6Ghz, nVidia 980ti, 3x1080p monitors, over 10Tb storage (Dual boot 1Tb each Windows and Linux)
Laptop: i7 3.4Ghz, nVidia K1100, 2x1Tb SSD Dual boot Windows Linux
Umpteen mini Atom PC's, ARM boxes and development boards
And a history of confuser profanity...
Programming since 1982...

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:19:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:19:17