Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] java classes.dex error in AGK Studio when compiling

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2019 01:43 Edited at: 20th Sep 2019 01:44
Sample projects and my own projects, everything compiles fine in AGK2. When I compile anything in AppGameKit Studio, I get the attached error. Error in jar signer, duplicate classes.dex.

I don't know enough about Android development to troubleshoot this.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled AppGameKit Studio but still get the same error. I know it's not the projects because they all compile fine in AppGameKit 2. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2019 16:15
I'm not able to replicate that error, can you browse to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\AGKApps\TheGameCreators\Ide and delete any "build_tmp" folder you see there. The AppData folder is hidden by default so you may need to show hidden folders to see it.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2019 19:09
Deleted that folder
Opened AppGameKit Studio
Create APK of demo projects

Same error.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2019 21:23
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
FIXED.

Deleting older versions of Java from the machine and then reinstalling the latest solved the problem. It seemed to be cause by a JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable. With the uninstall/reinstall, that variable is now gone, and AppGameKit Studio seems to compile just fine now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:16:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:16:39