Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / I purchased AGK off steam but ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I purchased AppGameKit off steam but ? from the last update my classic AppGameKit will no longer load and AppGameKit slows my mac down to unusable nail pace.
Is it possible to download the both from AppGameKit website to see if a direct install would works better?
Years ago I bought dark basic and pro and fps and they all worked perfectly.
the machine im using is a MacBook Pro 2013 and Java up to date.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2019 15:29 Edited at: 30th Sep 2019 17:34
I just tested the Steam version on MacOS 10.14.6 and it loads and runs here. I'm using a Mac Mini late 2012 model, so I imagine it's not much different from the MacBook Pro 2013. Also how do you know it is slow if it doesn't run?

Edit: If you mean that AppGameKit Classic doesn't run then I found a problem with its code signature which for some reason is always invalid no matter what I do, so I've removed it. It seems to run ok without it here
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2019 08:20
well redblue your computer has "2" 2.6 cores when most today have "8" 3.0ghz+ plus cores . also your graphics card is built into your cpu witch has shared memory and is quite frankly very old and ddr3 was 5 ddrs ago. From a pc point of view its time to upgrade. 7 years old for a gaming desktop it pushing it without sli or crossfire but for a decent laptop there usually outdated in a year or 2 tops. Its the unfortunate fact of technology. macs are very good at using nearly all available ram as well. chances are ur having problems cause ur os is gobbling up your ram and agk and ur game are running off of your hard rive

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2019 14:46
@RedBLuePill we fixed an issue earlier this week. Can you try again?
Development Director
TGC Team

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:13:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:13:26