Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / ogg compatibility

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2019 02:32
opted to use ogg files for my client. after testing my mate with windows 10 does not hear audio. im using win 7 for dev. is there a way to fix compatibility without going to wave file there is a massive difference in file sizes. just wondering if its a codec issue something that could be fixed easily or another way to fix compatibility. wave files are just to big to be in my binary.

SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't (yet) run into compatibility issues with OGG (although consider that most of my testing experience up until recently has been with AGKV2, so perhaps there are differences). It was my understanding the AGK2/S handled what it needed internally for various sound formats. Perhaps there is a limitation with a specific sample format on a particular system configuration? You could try sending your friend a small test program that just plays a sound file, then send over various versions of a sample OGG file in different sample rates (Hz, kbps, stereo/mono, etc) that they can try to play on their system.

Might also help to make sure they've just checked the basics like they hear other sounds on their system indicating that they have their audio device properly enabled in Windows, speakers turned on, and the volume turned up.

If there is a compatibility issue in some way, I'd certainly like to find out and have it sorted also.
Onomatopoesie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2019 07:21
Try 44.1 KHz, 16-bit, Stereo - These are the most compatible settings that should be running on any system.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2019 16:14
Quote: "Try 44.1 KHz, 16-bit, Stereo - These are the most compatible settings that should be running on any system."

Not sure about studio, but I've used the 44.1 KHz, 32-bit (mono and stereo) OGG in classic with no problems.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Onomatopoesie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2019 20:25
Mono is not supported by android. In order to obtain compatibility for all systems you should avoid it.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2019 23:26 Edited at: 1st Oct 2019 06:45
I thought he said they were using Windows...that is good to know though.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2019 03:32
i have no issues with any sound type playing from agk. i sent the sane program with wav and ogg. the wave played fine so i know its not a sound issue. ill try adjusting the rate to 44.1 see how that works

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:08:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:08:19