Guild Vale is a 2D, Fantasy MMORPG in an Open and Dynamic World.
It is currently in Alpha version with lots to add still but it is very playable. It is a descendant of RPGWO and thus has similar features.
What makes it different from all the "millions" of other MMORPGs out there?
Other than a basic world with some pre-built towns and quests (like most MMORPGs), the world is dynamic and editable by players. Player run guilds will play a key role in making towns and quests, complete with NPCs. Being a dynamic world with many biomes, all plants can grow, spread and die off. The underground is also completely minable (except reserved PLOT areas) for resources. And it isn't all about combat... you can create a player with no combat skills, just trade/craft skills and play the game successfully and level at the same pace as a warrior. Not to mention they will be looking for you to make stuff for them
- Open and dynamic world, created procedurally
- Simple 2D artwork
- Skills based RPG
- Mining: digging underground for ore and minerals
- Harvesting: farming for food and organics
- Crafting: using gathered materials and tools to make new items (Blacksmith)
- Building: creating walls and flooring (Masonry, Carpentry)
- Melee combat
- Biomes: plains, forest, arid, mountain, artic, ocean, etc
- Player run Guilds that can build towns and quests
- Magic: offensive, defensive, boosts, etc
- Alchemy for restoring, boosts and throwing weapons
- Missile combat (bows, X-bow, throwing)
- Land ownership
- Taming for pets
- Jewelry for boosts
- And much, much more.
In a village:
Out in the wild:
Near a lake:
Exploring a village sewers:
Underground, mining ore and doing some blacksmithing:
Windows client: http://guildvale.com/download/guildvale.zip