Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / getting the ground hight for lots of objects?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 23:04
I want to creat a forest and have loaded several types of trees into my game but the problem is that when I place a tree somewere it usually appears up in the air or down below my matrix. I want to put a lot of trees on my matrix but dont know how to get the ground hight for those objects. also, is there a command to place a random number of a certain object on random areas of the matrix this would help make my forest alot faster.

Guns dont kill people, death kills people.
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 23:10
One solution:download Magic World. You can create multiple matrices, matrices bigger than db normally allows, accurate place 3d objects on them (such as trees), automatically set objects to ground level, and all other sorts of stuff. It can also load MatEdit1.5 and possibly 1/6 matrices.
The best part is it saves your world as an .mwdb file, and the software comes with a function to load the world into your game, and it comes with a working demo to show off what it can do.
Magic World is a beautiful thing.

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: The First Room (FPS)
Soon to come:An rts, and a snowball fight game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 14:49:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 14:49:32