Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / [STICKY] introduce myself

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My name is lananh
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2019 17:42
Welcome !

Something else you want to say ?
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2019 15:41
Greetings Earthling!

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2019 13:04
Hola! o/
Captain Ouais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2019 11:16
Hello !
I do what i do !!!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2019 15:26
Quote: "Greetings Earthling!"

How dare you assume their planetary origin!
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
3Dski
Years of Service
User Offline
My name is Tony. I'm not at all new to programming, but new to AppGameKit Studio.
3dzforme
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2020 06:40 Edited at: 25th Jan 2020 06:40
Hello - my name is Mark - also not at all new to programming - but cutting my teeth a little with AGKStudio.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2020 21:41
Hi you two
boldpaste2
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Peoples!

I made a thread earlier but I did not see this sticky. Oops :3

My name is Adam! It's great to meet all of you! I am new to the game creators but have been using AppGameKit for around a year now. I found that programming is more my speed instead of art because... Well lets just say my drawing can't be "unseen" and will leave a permanent scar on your soul. I can only do tier 1 currently but when I finish a few of my personal projects I have in the works (A tile map editor and an RPG to go with it) I will try to delve deeper into tier 2. I have been making quick progress but have a few things I cant quiet figure out such as lighting effects for 2D based game, how to get broadcast working correctly, etc. Will probably make a thread for those issues later.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 02:20
Welcome to all the new members I hope you enjoy your new software and stay on for
a long time and be part of the TGC community. If you have any questions about AppGameKit etc
please feel free to post questions on the forums. Most things have been answered and
I hope you find the people here welcoming and they help you achieve any goals you have
for the software

fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 11:14 Edited at: 12th Feb 2020 11:15
Hello : ) And welcome! I hope you will enjoy these forums as much as I have, I've received a lot of help over the years here. I have released two hobby projects by now thanks to AppGameKit and the community here, and I have much more in the works. AppGameKit is so versatile that I'm building an app that with the help of a Raspberry Pi is more useful for my exercise bike than the computer that came with the bike : D I'm also contemplating on an app that can control my music computer, like starting a browser with a link on my phone so that I can listen to a specific radio channel or start Spotify and then control Spotify from my phone. Anyways, I could rant forever about all the fun stuff I'm doing with AppGameKit : D I'm also using AppGameKit for more commercial stuff that I hope I can sell in the future (I've sold some, much more than I dared to hope for, but not enough to make a living).

@boldpaste2: I've made some light effects in a 2D game by using 3D set up to look like 2D. I will attach a screenshot.

13/0

Attachments

Login to view attachments
boldpaste2
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the lead Cybermind! I have no clue on how to use any of the 3D functions so Ill read up on the guide (I think Vol 2) on how to do that. Hopefully I wont have to recode the whole project to do this
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 23:02
@boldpaste2 I imagine there would be significant changes but light can be achieved quite
successfully with the use of a shader and allot less code to rewrite

Im sure this thread had an example https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/214598

Gruk
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys, finding myself with a lot of time on my hands - thought I'd take a good look at what AGKS had to offer.
Jeff_Powell
Years of Service
User Offline
Jeff here. New to AppGameKit and loving it. Been programming various languages since '88 (yeah, I'm over 60). Learning some new tricks.
Harpi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,
My name is Harpi. But i am very new to AppGameKit Studio.

So i want help & advise from all of you.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2020 01:22 Edited at: 16th May 2020 01:24
hi and welcome to TGC
and please don't be shy to ask questions when you get stuck
most of the answers you will find on the forums already and
they are full of very helpful people

Meganoodle71
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys I used dark basic pro when it first launched , been tinkering with other platforms since. Now I decided to try AppGameKit Studio for mobile development.
Mambazo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

Been tinkering around a little with DBP since 2005 but never finished anything! (I'm sure many can relate)

Really enjoying the VR features of AppGameKit

If at first you don\'t succeed, sky-diving isn\'t for you.
WS_10
Years of Service
User Offline
My name is Willyan
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2020 03:10
Quote: "Been tinkering around a little with DBP since 2005 but never finished anything! "

i have piles of WIPs from DBPro and my AppGameKit WIP-count is quickly catching up. i used to think it was a bad thing to not "finish" but i keep doing it for some reason. otherwise, they were all finished when i stopped revisiting them

@ Meganoodle71 & Mambazo: there was a sharp but short curve going from DBPro to AGK. i think i'm over the hump but i still type some dbpro commands in AppGameKit or look for them in the help files...

@Willyan, i heard you were looking for info on AGK Mobile i can't say that i've seen much about it but you could check the Release Thread or post a new thread seeking any specifics. i did try it myself and without the help files at my fingertips, i quickly became frustrated (i'm surprised F1 on my keyboard has held up!). and, it doesn't help that my dated phone is hard for me to read, too, but i know it would be great to write something up from "anywhere".

otherwise, welcome, all
DarinM1967
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,

I'm Darin, and looking forward to see what I can create with AppGameKit Mobile and Studio. A few years ago I only had access to a raspberry pi, and enjoyed a few weeks I had a chance to learn a little about AppGameKit and the amazing community here. Fast forward I'm back to really give AppGameKit a try. I have a ton of assets that I purchased for Gameguru that I see is useable in AppGameKit Mobile. I know I could have saved a few bucks and just bought AppGameKit Classic, but I wanted to show my support to TGC teams and also to future proof my investment a little. I'm sure a lot of people are wondering why and I focusing on AppGameKit Mobile when I got Studio? Well it has to do with accessibilty. My access to my PC is limited, but my phone is always available. I am also aware of how limited and buggy the Mobile addition is, but I'm confident that the developer who is working on it, will keep improving it, as I've been told by TGC team recently. I am able to use an external editor so at least while the bugs are being aired out, I'll be able to still learn from it. Anyway enough with my father long introduction. Thanks for taking the time to read this and looking forward to learning and growing with you all!
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2020 22:35
hey, darrin. i might have appreciated Mobile more when i was younger/could see better

meanwhile, feel free to share what you're working on. a hint, at least? too many of us tend to keep our WIPs to ourselves and sometimes deprive the rest of us inspiration
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2020 15:57
Welcome to AppGameKit ! the best is not just the engine and the great examples, the community is really helpful. Enjoy!
arielation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2020 20:31
Hello! I came to this forum to share my impressions and meet new people. Before that, I was an avid gambler. I really enjoyed exploring new games and strategies. I lost a lot of money, but I gain a good experience. But the time has come to change something. So I'm here
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2020 21:09
arielation wrote: "I really enjoyed exploring new games and strategies."

with that, do you have an idea that you'd like to turn into a game?
[My Itch.io Home]
[CODE lang=AGK] Your Code Here [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VideoID [/VIDEO]
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2020 16:44 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2020 15:16
Quote: "with that, do you have an idea that you'd like to turn into a game?"

How to become rich from scratch

There were some titles on that but unfortunately, I don't remember them
Edit: If I remember well, I've played this one in the past
John Ware
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2020 08:36
Hello everyone, this is join its good to be here.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2020 10:17
Welcome John, it's good to have you here.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Oldcode
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2020 07:17
Hello there. I am a fairly old guy who had a Spectrum 48K and enjoyed BASIC when I was a teenager. I tried (unsuccessfully) with other languages but kept longing for the simplicity of BASIC. I am so happy that TGC has stayed on and developed it further. I am here just for the fun and joy of making my own things. Thank you again.
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 2nd Nov 2020 23:32
Hey Oldcode !

Welcome to the forum.
Hope you're gonna have as much fun with AppGameKit as I have

PSY

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2020 22:34
Hey folks, finally decided to take the plunge and see what all the kerfuffle was about. Impressive. Been a fan of TGC since around 2003, purchased my first OWN pc in 2002(second hand) for £200 at a local computer club(x copy pro still going strong in that place even then ), think it was a 333Mhz Pentium II, 256mb and a millenium matrox G200, bought DBC hard copy in store think it was Game/Electronics boutique...swiftly upgraded to a second hand Geforce2 32mb vram. With no internet back then I did not know what I was missing...a few years later I managed to dl the trial version of DBP using my works internet and spent a further year or so reinstalling windows just so I could reset the date so I could use the trial again and again. Roll on 2007 and I could finally afford it, the addiction grew and here I am, a mere 14 years later and still clueless...well ok that isn't true but it sounded good as I typed it haha!

So about a week or so ago, I was once more logging in and checking the near dead DBP board wondering daily just in case a come back was imminent hehe when I thought you know what I will see what state agk is in, how far it had progressed and because I don't keep up to date with agk info I decided to give the mobile free version a whirl to see whats what...that literally sold me on the matter, decided the next reduction in price I would snap it up especially as i had just missed getting it completely free. Lucky me got it just in time - for less than a tenner its a no brainer! Now I have only had it a few days and it is pretty darn amazing, loads of community produced code and media and still relatively active boards. Glad to be here, long live TGC and its community cheers.

Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Libervurto2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2020 18:04
Hello All,

I was a regular on the forums years ago with DBC but I am completely new to AGK. Looking forward to learning and rejoining this fun place.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2020 22:46
Hey, Ya'll!!

JamesH used one of my favorite words... KERFUFFLE. (I'm a Yankee, but I'm a huge fan of 'Little Britain'!!)

So, I just bought AppGameKit Studio yesterday and it already feels like Christmas!
I used the free version of DBPro for so long, I now feel compelled to buy a great many plugins and media packs for this baby.

I'm going to try and NOT post 1,000 questions off the bat. I have plenty of ammo right here on the forums already.
I just wish I knew the equivalent of scancode() for the moment!

Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2020 23:20 Edited at: 20th Nov 2020 23:21
Quote: " the equivalent of scancode()"

IIRC, using Scancode(32), for example, would offer 1 if [space] was pressed, 0 if not?
if so, GetRawKeyState(32) in AGK.
otherwise, check the other Input-Raw commands (keyboard stuff is at the bottom).
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2020 00:02

BOOM!
In less than an hour I get a top answer from a pro! This is why I always feel at home on the TGC forums compared to other social media.

By the way, wouldn't it be (blanking) cool if you could RENAME your own AppGameKit commands?

Like, if I wanted, instead of CreateObjectBox() to rename it MakeABloodyCubeAlready(), for example...?

Anyone see fault with this idea?
It's just as handy as selecting your own editor colors, and there could be a "revert code" feature when sharing with others!

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2020 00:37 Edited at: 21st Nov 2020 00:49
You could "rename" any command that you wanted to (and add any functionality that you could want (within reason), as well). IE:

See User defined functions (near the bottom).

Quote: "Anyone see fault with this idea?"

you would still need to know the AppGameKit equivalents but, if you were more comfortable with your own name, functionality, etc, then by all means...
i'm surprised nobody brought DBPro Commands into AppGameKit this way but, even if you're someone like me who doesn't like change, it's best to learn AppGameKit (so the rest of us know what you are talking about )

Quote: "top answer from a pro! "

ha! just someone who read through the commands a few times and skimmed through the forums (more times than i care to count).
[My Itch.io Home] [Now Playing]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=AGK] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[Google Forum Search]
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2020 02:14
Hey Derek, lol great word, good to see you here

It is so easy to get into coming from the DBP end, once you get past the minor differences there are a few nuances here and there but even after such a short time using it I already feel I have my feet firmly grounded, for now at least! The broadcast feature is so sweet...if I compile on windows it is slower than using broadcast on both my cheap tablet and smartphone! There are so many cool things about it and apparently, if I understood correctly, classic will get same updates as studio. You are going to be so happy for a long time!
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2020 16:52

Quote: "you would still need to know the AppGameKit equivalents "

True, I just figured translating once to personal taste would be easier than relearning command names.
It's really just laziness on my part I think.

Quote: "The broadcast feature is so sweet.."

Hey James!
That's just what I'm about to delve into today! I already did the HTML5 export and it's way cool too.

Quote: "You are going to be so happy for a long time!"

Indeed, if I can get 3 good years out of this then it'll be money well spent!

I finally got the key thing sorted out!

Bollehopp
User Banned
Posted: 24th Nov 2020 23:37

Hiya, I am new here. HowdyHO!
I hope I will learn appgamekit since I bought studio.... I couldnt resist the deal but I better learn to make something useful in it since I have it.
hunter_guimont
Years of Service
User Offline
Unable to make posts or PM so I have to do this here... Really would like my account deleted. Please.
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2021 23:39 Edited at: 19th Jan 2021 23:39
Want to see something cool Virtual Nomad?

It's not only a cleaner approach, without changing any functionality (so not prone to accidental errors) but it has zero performance penalty; as all #Constant does is prior to "Compiling" it swaps out every instance of said Constant Word with whatever is on the other side.
Now I tend not to use this much for Functions., but I do use this all the time for algebraic equations that would be a pain to constantly type out; but I don't want to incur the performance penalty from putting them in a Function.

Of course I do wish they were more versatile like ProcDef (in BASIC) or #define in C/C++ where you can write Macros that take inputs and provides an output.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2021 01:18 Edited at: 20th Jan 2021 01:25
@hunter_guimont
It's called post moderation. It requires a moderator to approve any post you make before it becomes visible. Every new user is put on post moderation automatically to ensure they are not bots (or worse - previously banned users with a new user name).
Although you've been a member for three years, you have only made a single thread and posted to one other (this one). So you will still be on post moderation.
If you continue to post then that will be removed. It's automatic and not something that even we mods have control over but we don't delete accounts because doing so removes all posts that the user has interacted with and can potentially make large parts of the forum unreadable.
mrkemrk
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys just purchased AppGameKit Studio.Looking forward to learning the program,and getting involved in the forum.Be safe all.
DewarInversion
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I'm Martin, programming in studio

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 19:45:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 19:45:58