Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Vulcano example/demo?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2019 21:25 Edited at: 16th Oct 2019 21:49
Hi guys,

Just wondering looking at this image if the volcano(in the bottom right corner) is an included demo or serves just an illustration?

I think a volcano would be an excellent example to demonstrate a lot of AppGameKit Studio features at once such as animation, shadows, shaders, lighting, sound and particles and at the same time be a nice reference to the Vulkan engine.
Also I've seen the PBR demo/example which I think is also very nice, combining that with a volcano could be epic..
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2019 14:59
Hi,

It was just an illustration - came from Preben!
Development Director
TGC Team
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2019 22:16
Ah that's a pity Rick. Could have been a very good capabilities demo - can still be, actually.

Given the time I'd be able to create the volcanic terrain, textures with normal mapping, sounds, particles/ smoke and lighting effects myself, but shaders is a different expertise altogether, which I haven't dived in deep enough yet but from which lava/magma could greatly benefit.

Ah well, who knows if you guys don't then in the future I just might for good fun and completeness, but could be a great part of an AppGameKit 3D tutorial for beginners too.

Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2019 00:08
Btw: Love the PBRtest and WaveShaderDemo ! Very nice stuff.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:04:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:04:29